Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BH/trooper getting boned in 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BH/trooper getting boned in 1.2

radbass
04.02.2012 , 09:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
the nerf to tracer missile is not going to change anything. 10% damage reduction is minimal in the grand scheme of things, but the mechanics of the arsenal tree are unchanged. people will still be forced to spam tracer missiles.
they are also increasing the channel time for tracer and i think i read that they are adding a short cooldown to "encourage more diversity in the playstyle" or some bs.

my point exactly is that the arsenal tree still requires the spamming of tracer. which means a 10% tracer nerf is a 10% nerf to the entire spec.

cashogy
04.02.2012 , 09:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by shirayuki View Post
and then sin become useless in pvp the reason people are going tank in dps is gear is so they can live on my sin as deception i get 3.5k crits as darkness i get 2.5k with an empowered shock using recklessness i do less damage i just have more survivabilty if you never darkness' damage a sin is worse off then how bad people are claiming ops are because sin are more substained damage not burst and deflection is the most useless defence ever
this thread is not about tanksins. it is about BH/trooper. if you want to whine about tanksins, there are already like 10 threads for that

also, are you 5? try using some sentence structure......
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

cashogy
04.02.2012 , 09:33 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by radbass View Post
they are also increasing the channel time for tracer and i think i read that they are adding a short cooldown to "encourage more diversity in the playstyle" or some bs.

my point exactly is that the arsenal tree still requires the spamming of tracer. which means a 10% tracer nerf is a 10% nerf to the entire spec.
there is no short cooldown, and the cast time is remaining the same if you properly spec your talent points.

the 10% nerf to tracer missile is outshined by increased unload procs and 10% damage increase to heatseeker. overall, arsenal is going to be in a very good place.
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

radbass
04.02.2012 , 09:34 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by shirayuki View Post
and then sin become useless in pvp the reason people are going tank in dps is gear is so they can live on my sin as deception i get 3.5k crits as darkness i get 2.5k with an empowered shock using recklessness i do less damage i just have more survivabilty if you never darkness' damage a sin is worse off then how bad people are claiming ops are because sin are more substained damage not burst and deflection is the most useless defence ever
ignore him. hes the one who started a qq thread about assassins. some BADDIES just cant stand it if their class cant roflstomp another class with no effort.

teyngodown
04.02.2012 , 09:39 AM | #15
I play an arsenal merc and the 10% damage nerf on tracer is a non factor. They increased the chance for barrage procs. Unload is potentially our highest single target damage ability. They also increased the damage on Heatseeker by 10%.

I know they wanted a more "active" rotation but what they got was the same rotation just more damage. People are still going to have to use tracer for the armor debuff. They're still going to use tracer for the armor buff, we still need tracer for barrage procs, 5 tracers is still max damage on rail shot, and 5 heat sigs still increases heatseekers damage.

Its the exact same thing only we can use unload more often, but any arsenal merc worth anything was already using unload when barrage procd. Its an effective damage increase overall.

The nerfs to pyro suck. Mostly for PT but Mercs took a hit too. With the 10% nerf to tracer damage comes the same 10% nerf to power shot damage. Power shot was one of 2 skills that proc'd PPA for free railshots. Now theres a 6 second internal CD on PPA and the skill pyro mercs used to proc it does less damage.

radbass
04.02.2012 , 09:42 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by teyngodown View Post
I play an arsenal merc and the 10% damage nerf on tracer is a non factor. They increased the chance for barrage procs. Unload is potentially our highest single target damage ability. They also increased the damage on Heatseeker by 10%.
alright well as i said im no merc so i didnt understand the mechanics of those other adjustments. all i know is tracer is integral to the tree.

and yeah. the pyro nerf is garbage.

PurpleMagick
04.02.2012 , 09:48 AM | #17
I think the Pyro PT nerf is being way overblown.

Its a 6 second cooldown to PPA, not Rail Shot.

So you can cast Rail Shot, PPA procs, cast Rail Shot again. PPA can't proc again for another 6 six secons.
You can still cast Rail Shot twice in a row, you just can't do it 3 times in a row. Big Deal.

radbass
04.02.2012 , 09:51 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleMagick View Post
I think the Pyro PT nerf is being way overblown.

Its a 6 second cooldown to PPA, not Rail Shot.

So you can cast Rail Shot, PPA procs, cast Rail Shot again. PPA can't proc again for another 6 six secons.
You can still cast Rail Shot twice in a row, you just can't do it 3 times in a row. Big Deal.
its a heat management issue. pyrotech has HORRIBLE heat management, and the free rail shots are the only way around that.

Jo-Han
04.02.2012 , 09:52 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by radbass View Post
the unique trait of assassin tanks is higher dps than other tanks. they're ASSASSINS. and thats not what this thread is about redmarx. go troll somewhere else.
If they have high damage, they should not have high survivability. What would you consider the drawback of an assassin?

radbass
04.02.2012 , 09:54 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jo-Han View Post
If they have high damage, they should not have high survivability. What would you consider the drawback of an assassin?
they dont have high damage. just highER damage than other tanks. they also have less inherant survivability than other tanks.

the high tankasin dps comes from tanks gearing in full dps gear. thats the gear, NOT the spec. nerfing the spec because of gear imbalances would ruin them for pve, which is half the game. but again, this is not an assassin thread.