Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith marauder or juggernaut?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sith marauder or juggernaut?

PhantomSekai
04.02.2012 , 06:47 AM | #1
Alright, so I just got my sith warrior to the imperial fleet and it's time for me to choose an advance class, so I was wondering what would be ebtter for my play style.

I usually solo most of the time and stick with my healer companion once I get them, so would the marauder or juggernaut be better for me? Also, which spec would I go with and if someone could provide a build it'd help a lot.

Faolon
04.02.2012 , 07:04 AM | #2
Both are good for soloing.
The difference is in the amount of CC or Utility.

Juggernaut will offer you more CC and survivability.
Marauder will offer you more group utility.

In case you don't know, Marauders get 3 buffs to use with their second resource. At 30 stacks of Fury, you can use a buff.

The first one, Berserk, changes based on which stance you're in.
Click to see their descriptions:

Spoiler

A side note: Juggernaut is slightly easier to manage than Marauder. A marauder has a TON of abilities, and while the Juggernauts have quite a few as well, you don't use as many as often as the Marauder will, not to mention Marauders get that second resource to deal with.

I cannot say this enough: If you do not have a good, and large, set of binds you WILL have trouble playing a Marauder. So learn to bind everything, possibly get yourself a multi button mouse.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

PhantomSekai
04.02.2012 , 07:49 AM | #3
Alright, thanks for the advice, I'll go juggernaut to make it easier on myself

godagun
04.02.2012 , 05:36 PM | #4
I havent played Mara but I picked jugg since I cant choose if I want to spec for tank or dps. I enjoyed immortal for pve but really enjoyed vengeance for pvp

WarSiren
04.02.2012 , 05:58 PM | #5
I have a 2 Juggs and a Sentinel (republic Mara) and working on a Mara. They both have their pros and cons. Though the biggest annoyance is if you're a Jugg and you want to dps there's a lot of stupid people out there that will tell you, you can't when you can so you have to over come those hurdles quite often.

But I do like the Jugg a tad better, though I'm gonna give the other 2 specs of Mara a try out as I only played Watchman (Annhilation) on my Sentinel before I say which I truly prefer.
The Koda Legacy
Master Zhar Lestin OK Who Pulled
Tythona ~ ~ M'alice ~ ~ Promethea ~ ~ Caliya
Juggernaut ~~~ Assassin ~~~ Sniper ~~~ Powertech

LordVilos
04.05.2012 , 06:11 AM | #6
I just copied and pasted this since I have said it on similar post... Do not listen to what nubs say about Juggers. I love my Jugger and yes I have a 50 Marauder also. My Jugger will always be my main. I play DPS spec of Vengeance. I LOVE it. to be honest it is a bit like a feral druid in wow. Vengeance has a higher skill cap than Rage. in 1.2 Venge will be even better. With Vengeance spec much like a Feral druid in wow you have to stack you bleeds correctly and use Shatter and Impale correctly. ALL I do is PvP so I have no clue how it is in PvE except it was easy as hell to level as Venge. After playing a Feral druid for around 5years in wow ever since BC, Vengeance spec just fits my playstyle more. What I love about it is I do NOT have to stay on top of someone like I do my Marauder. I stack my DOTs one one guy turn to the next guy than rinse repeat. I live 70% longer on my Jugger too. What good is a marauders damage if you die too fast to use it. In premade WZ you get focused as a Marauder as much as the healer. Those double sabers is a neon sign that just screams KILL ME NOW. In PvP if played correctly a Vengeance Jugger can me one of the most useful tools in the shed. Like I said that spec has a higher skill cap than Rage spec so the random nubs do not play it. If you are good at PvP, did well in pvp in 5s in WoW you will love it.

PS... if you do not have keybinds you will HATE a Marauder and get destroyed on yours "binds comment" I use the Razer Nagga one of the best investments I ever made. I have about 30+ keys bound to that mouse by using shift+alt and whatnot it is well worth the money. Much like in wow you can spot keyboard turners a mile away and they are just bad... just bad...