Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Solved: Game tabbing/closing to desktop randomly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Solved: Game tabbing/closing to desktop randomly

Fluxxie
04.02.2012 , 04:11 AM | #1
This might not be true for everyone, but I figured out what was making me randomly shift to desktop:

ADOBE. (Flash player to be more specific)

Apparently Adobe did something in the latest patch with an auto-updater, and even if you opt for it NOT to auto update it will still run itself in the background.

I had to go into my services and completely terminate the Flash application updater and the Adobe Reader updater.

This is what was running EVERY time I went to desktop, even after I uninstalled adobe and reinstalled telling it to NOT update me:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpda teService.exe
taskeng.exe

Since Ive stopped the services, I've had no more problems.

I hope this helps someone.

You can't do it in MSCONFIG (ie, stop the startup entry) you must go to your admin services and stop it.

I'll post detailed instruction if people are having problems (it's late/early AM and don't feel like making a long instruction post atm)

Good Luck

Fluxxie
04.02.2012 , 01:51 PM | #2
So far still no crashes (tab actually, game doesn't close).

This fix seemed to totally work.

TUXs
04.02.2012 , 03:10 PM | #3
Great work! I've been having the weird random tabbing outta game myself lately...had no idea what the hell was going on, assumed it was just me. This is good to know!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)