Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There seem to be an awful lot of healing sages....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
There seem to be an awful lot of healing sages....

gmason
12.17.2011 , 09:15 PM | #11
I'm just a masochist. For some strange reason I love being the healer, and getting blamed for any DPSer's death.

schlagnath
12.17.2011 , 09:53 PM | #12
I'm going to roll a Sage healer when I level enough to put some points into the tree. I don't do it for easy groups, I just have a supportive personality. I'd like to do damage, but it feels good to be the one(s) carrying the group because your heals keep them alive , or when you're tanking the damage for the squishy dps. I'm also making a tank btw

PoisonedTea
12.18.2011 , 12:02 AM | #13
It gets pretty clear when you get good healers and bad healers good that most bad healers will stop after awhile

good healers dont heal you if you dont need healing

bad healers always heal and dont heal others if they need healing

Benk
12.18.2011 , 05:11 AM | #14
I've played a healer forever and feel they are the key to making or breaking a group.

Vecsus
12.18.2011 , 09:35 AM | #15
I am a new healer and still getting used to it. One thing I would like to say is that bad groups make bad healers. By that I mean that the Zerg groups that break Force Lift or the dpsers that don't know how to manage agro. Hard to heal everyone at once without an AE heal.....when do we get that anyway?

I'm only level 20 so I am only starting up the seer tree now so mabe it gets easier later on. PUGs probably not helping my career a a healer either.
Vecsus
Class: undecided

akamacklroy
12.18.2011 , 03:41 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by gmason View Post
I'm just a masochist. For some strange reason I love being the healer, and getting blamed for any DPSer's death.
Yes, yes! Sooo much power as the healers.

healer -"stop breaking my cc guys"
healer -"serriously, dont hit the cc enemies."
dps -"HEY IM DYING HELP ***!@!@!"
healer -"lesson learned?"

oh the power!!!!

PossibleBit
12.18.2011 , 04:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecsus View Post
I am a new healer and still getting used to it. One thing I would like to say is that bad groups make bad healers. By that I mean that the Zerg groups that break Force Lift or the dpsers that don't know how to manage agro. Hard to heal everyone at once without an AE heal.....when do we get that anyway?

I'm only level 20 so I am only starting up the seer tree now so mabe it gets easier later on. PUGs probably not helping my career a a healer either.
As much as I hate to admit it, bad groups are the best lessons for healers.

Our AoE heal is the tree's end talent, so meh probably late 40s ~if you go pick up Inner Strength and Mental Longevity first.

Conundrum-NSA
12.18.2011 , 06:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecsus View Post

My favorite as a newbie healer is when everyone runs into the room and attacks a different mob.

We really need a "/facepalm" emote.

disarkosczr
12.19.2011 , 10:29 AM | #19
I tried shadow AC and really coukdnt get into it... So I just went sage to try it out and see what happens. I must say I am happy I chose it. Pvping as a healer is alot of fun , love just staying off in the distance and constantly heal someone/bubble them while they take on more than one person..
DISARK_OSCZR

Khadroth
12.19.2011 , 10:39 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Stop being selfish. The more healers around the better for everyone.
Exactly, it just makes the dps sage even more rare and awesome.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin