Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There seem to be an awful lot of healing sages....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
There seem to be an awful lot of healing sages....

Conundrum-NSA
12.16.2011 , 08:08 PM | #1
My guess is they want easy groups like in that other game...

Hopefully the ones in it for only that will get bored and go elsewhere...I hear troopers are hiring
"Some men just want to watch the world burn."
Ord Mantell Squadron 01
Everyone can use a little FREE HELP when starting out in a new universe. Click HERE to receive items to get you started out right when you join us in The Old Republic.

Caelrie
12.16.2011 , 11:31 PM | #2
Stop being selfish. The more healers around the better for everyone.

Dragondog
12.17.2011 , 12:30 AM | #3
I play a Jedi Sage healer, not because it would be easier to group, I rarely group. I tried the Jedi Shadow during beta, but it didn't work for me. The Jedi Sage does. While both roles can work for me in single player games, only one of them did this time around.

Not that I didn't enjoy seeing a Jedi Shadow and a Jedi Guardian, both at level 10-11 beat Esseles while all I, and my level 17 Jedi Sage, did was to make sure they remained alive. It was the first time I've been able to finish it without dying even once. But then I've never been able to find groups that have non Jedi classes in them when I want to play.
SWTOR Referral Link for new and returning players. Add 7 days of SUBSCRIPTION and other good stuff.
CE VIP

Alavastre
12.17.2011 , 09:08 AM | #4
I think it tends to be natural, as you a primarily teamed up with a Jedi Knight who has a lot of tanking ability. I planned on being a Shadow, didn't really like it as much as I thought during the Beta, but later my cousin wanted me to go heals as we are teaming up. He is a Jedi Knight.

If Dual specs ever come out, I'll be rolling a DPS Sage, since I think it could be fun. A lot of CC and high powered attacks.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Myria_K
12.17.2011 , 09:37 AM | #5
To be honest it's pretty common to see a lot of healers at the lower levels, chances are most of them won't be healing at endgame -- or anything close to endgame. I have endgame healers in WoW, AoC, WAR, Rift, and a few others, and it's always the same. Early on lots of people want to heal, by endgame you see a bunch of people with names like "TruHeals" DPSing.

Nothing wrong with that, of course, it's just a lot of people start out thinking they'll heal or tank and find out it's just not for them.

Cartho
12.17.2011 , 11:48 AM | #6
There are always alot of healers at low level - all you do is stand at the back of a group and press the same button over and over again.

Anyway, even if there are alot of healing Sages.... There won't be alot of really good ones.
Slashinator, Sith Juggernaut - The Shadow Runner EU

TheStratovarian
12.17.2011 , 12:26 PM | #7
I chose healing because of its solo power worthiness. And really, sage with the right skills, and focus, just makes even hard items easy, compared to the sawbones and commando healing. The tank you get early buffed, makes for great overall hate control, he may be slow, but he can hold aggro, and makes a note to taunt anything attacking you first chance he gets. I had no issues on corusant dealing with champions on my sage, they took time, yes, but i could handle anything. Later, on taris (Still only 21 atm) I had fun with two friends doing the locust mission with no problems, even when a bad pull got a champ with the five elites, its just a matter of understanding the synergy of the healing tree, and timing when to heal, and use your specials to help mitigate damage. The only regret is that is that im going to have to wait to get the benefit out of the middle tree's improved force regen talent to help when ive used noble sacrifice on the odd occasion of the longer fights. I had no issues soloing the mandalorian quest by myself, the only one i was able to do that with was my trooper, and that was highly geared and above the level of the quest by a good bit. Sage, easily done, especially with taking out the elite with cc.

Karenai
12.17.2011 , 01:20 PM | #8
Realy? I did not notice. Maybe because thoug I am dps specced I end up beeing the only one healing in operations and warzones. 3 sages in an operation: I am the only one willing to heal, because the others have to melt faces. Or look like they do.
Not every healing sage is a healer. Expect to see less and less healing sages as the levels progress, when healing as dps is no longer viable.

Lasica
12.17.2011 , 03:30 PM | #9
Hmm, personally I'm yet to group with another player who has been a sage. I'm seeing an awfully large number of shadows though.

Nakemi
12.17.2011 , 03:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Myria_K View Post
Early on lots of people want to heal, by endgame you see a bunch of people with names like "TruHeals" DPSing.
Love it ^^
We be Smuggling