Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can Sith join the Force after they die?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Can Sith join the Force after they die?

Reeny
04.01.2012 , 11:43 PM | #1
After a Sith dies, can they become a ghost with the Force, like Yoda and Obi-wan?

Is joining the Force after death limited only to Jedi?

Iboga
04.01.2012 , 11:50 PM | #2
I haven't actually read the the stories, but I understand Palpatine's force ghost tries to possess one of Leia and Hans kids at some point or something... so I'd guess yes. That and he was able to transmit his consciousness after death through the force to a clone... kinda similar...
Iboga - Scoundrel - Soresu (Retired)

jakeheke
04.01.2012 , 11:52 PM | #3
Darth Vader died in the movies and became a ghost

Reeny
04.01.2012 , 11:57 PM | #4
But Darth Vader turned back to the Lightside when he killed the Emperor.
So he was LS when he died and was shown as Anakin as a ghost.

Quote: Originally Posted by jakeheke View Post
Darth Vader died in the movies and became a ghost

TheLonelyTusken
04.02.2012 , 12:05 AM | #5
Not exactly. Although dark siders do transcend into the force after the event of death, it isn't in the same way as Jedi. It's said that Dark siders experience a dark void of madness after they die, like Palpatine. But in some cases force apparitions take form, usually bound to a place, like a tomb. This is shown in the SI storyline with Lord Kallig.

With Jedi, they are able to float around wherever they please, in Obi wan, Yoda and Qui-gon's case, they are able to keep their mortal memories and identities after death as well.

So yes they do become ghosts of the force, but in a different way, I like to think of it as a punishment for their actions in life, I don't know the exact reason why it's like this though.

Also, in the case of Darth Vader/Anakin, he turned to the lightside when he destroyed his master, and was enveloped by love when he died, which let him hold his identity and become one with the force. This is also why he is shown as a younger version of himself, because when he turned into Darth Vader, he wasn't Anakin anymore.
/waveshands

You want to go home and rethink your life...

Felight
04.02.2012 , 12:07 AM | #6
The capital world of the Empire has an old temple full of old sith ghosts. If you play the SI storyline you go around ghostbusting all over the galaxy. All of the spirits are quite demented but with lightside options you can help them from the anger and madness. Although they still are selfish tools it's possible to give them peace if you are close with the lightside
You got a problem with this?

Go love yourself

Captain_Zone
04.02.2012 , 12:44 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Felight View Post
The capital world of the Empire has an old temple full of old sith ghosts. If you play the SI storyline you go around ghostbusting all over the galaxy. All of the spirits are quite demented but with lightside options you can help them from the anger and madness. Although they still are selfish tools it's possible to give them peace if you are close with the lightside
Basically Ghost Whisperer, Star Wars edition.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

TxShadow
04.02.2012 , 05:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Basically Ghost Whisperer, Star Wars edition.
Well put.

Fyurii
04.02.2012 , 05:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Felight View Post
Outside of the SI story, there's one ghost you can talk to regardless of class on Kaas, who pretty much tells you "the Sith are wrong and the Jedi are right".
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

Maaruin
04.02.2012 , 06:22 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
Outside of the SI story, there's one ghost you can talk to regardless of class on Kaas, who pretty much tells you "the Sith are wrong and the Jedi are right".
But that's no ghost, that's only a holocron. (At least it seemed like that.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall