Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Custom-Built Lightsaber Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Custom-Built Lightsaber Question

Ror-bi-wan
04.02.2012 , 03:22 PM | #11
Thats sweet.

Question are these "orange" recipes?

If so you can crit craft them to end game status and post em up for sale. Although more rare current end game sabers have better skins and might fetch a higher price. I got the Purple saber from KUS with the blue gem hilt that would be sick to RE into a orange and try to crit craft. Although it would most likely require biometric alloy to craft and again be like the niman saber where the alloys are hard to get and the chances low of critting it.

Mobyus
04.02.2012 , 06:10 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ror-bi-wan View Post
Thats sweet.

Question are these "orange" recipes?

If so you can crit craft them to end game status and post em up for sale. Although more rare current end game sabers have better skins and might fetch a higher price. I got the Purple saber from KUS with the blue gem hilt that would be sick to RE into a orange and try to crit craft. Although it would most likely require biometric alloy to craft and again be like the niman saber where the alloys are hard to get and the chances low of critting it.
They ARE orange items, so I assume you can crit on them to get an augment.
Mobyus - Jedi Guardian - The Shadowlands
Pandoras Mighty Soldiers (Link) - Guild Leader
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

TsR-RareAir
04.02.2012 , 08:47 PM | #13
Ok this is interesting news here. So I have the 1.2 patch but with my Jedi Knight/Sentinel I am not sure if I am eligible to make my own custom built lightsaber based on my crew skills. I have the Artifice/Archeology/Treasure Hunting skills. Does that at one point make my character eligible to make his own lightsaber? He has only about 120-125 points into the Artifice skill so I may need more points into the skill to get it. But the question remains if my crew skills make him eligible for even being able to do so. That's all I got. Out!

lunartic
04.03.2012 , 12:55 PM | #14
you need the schemetics from missions drops.

PS: This thread needs to be moved to the pts section of the forum

Mobyus
04.03.2012 , 01:53 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TsR-RareAir View Post
Ok this is interesting news here. So I have the 1.2 patch but with my Jedi Knight/Sentinel I am not sure if I am eligible to make my own custom built lightsaber based on my crew skills. I have the Artifice/Archeology/Treasure Hunting skills. Does that at one point make my character eligible to make his own lightsaber? He has only about 120-125 points into the Artifice skill so I may need more points into the skill to get it. But the question remains if my crew skills make him eligible for even being able to do so. That's all I got. Out!
You receive the schematics for the Custom-Built sabers via Treasure Hunting. Keep sending companions out and you'll eventually get one.

Quote: Originally Posted by lunartic
PS: This thread needs to be moved to the pts section of the forum
Meh... perhaps you're right... but it's still good info for those who aren't on the PTS to know.
Mobyus - Jedi Guardian - The Shadowlands
Pandoras Mighty Soldiers (Link) - Guild Leader
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

thunderaan
04.06.2012 , 11:15 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mobyus View Post
You receive the schematics for the Custom-Built sabers via Treasure Hunting. Keep sending companions out and you'll eventually get one.
What level of treasure hunting mission that we must use to get this schematic plz?
Sith Warrior Juggernaut

XenusParadox
04.06.2012 , 11:19 AM | #17
It'd be really nice if you could give your custom-built items a name of your choice.

xPANDORAx
04.06.2012 , 11:38 AM | #18
what's the point in naming custom built stuff? its just a name, that no one other than you sees. It might be nice for the personalization of it, but is other wise useless

just my two cents

I have custom built speeders with my assassin and I wouldn't name them. they are just speeders, and replaceable
Healers are just as squishy to kill as troopers and Vanguards! Death to healers!
Maulinus-50 assassin
Lucrestsia-32 marauder

Bamxk
04.14.2012 , 09:48 AM | #19
where do you get the schematic for this?
Sentinel

Inokis
07.02.2012 , 05:43 AM | #20
I have both the Custom-built Lightsaber and the Custom-built Double-bladed Saber which are fairly common to find when Treasure Hunting.

However according to this page there seem to be the reversible engineering variants. The schematics I have result in no research available.

Can anyone elaborate?
Unsubscribed/Cancelled