Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Custom-Built Lightsaber Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Custom-Built Lightsaber Question

Mobyus
04.01.2012 , 08:39 PM | #1
So I finally made a Custom-Built Lightsaber (the new orange-schematic in 1.2) and was disappointed to see that the Crystal slot is "locked." Not only that, but the yellow crystal in it is absolutely stat-less. Not even a +1 Endurance like your starter saber.

Is this a bug or am I missing something here?
Mobyus - Jedi Guardian - The Shadowlands
Pandoras Mighty Soldiers (Link) - Guild Leader
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

ZudetGambeous
04.01.2012 , 09:08 PM | #2
Well that would suck and completely negate the point of an augmented saber if you couldn't put a color crystal in it.

I'm assuming it is a bug, you should report it as such.
I tell you this: though neither he nor they yet know it, he is the greatest of all the Jedi. Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

Aeos
04.01.2012 , 09:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mobyus View Post
So I finally made a Custom-Built Lightsaber (the new orange-schematic in 1.2) and was disappointed to see that the Crystal slot is "locked." Not only that, but the yellow crystal in it is absolutely stat-less. Not even a +1 Endurance like your starter saber.

Is this a bug or am I missing something here?
Or maybe they have it set that way so you can only get the crystal unlocked by using the end game schematics. That way people are not just farming the lowest lvl custom saber for augment slots, there by defeating the purpose of even making the end game schematic sabers(They require 3 BCA/craft).

Rhaphael
04.02.2012 , 12:43 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeos View Post
Or maybe they have it set that way so you can only get the crystal unlocked by using the end game schematics. That way people are not just farming the lowest lvl custom saber for augment slots, there by defeating the purpose of even making the end game schematic sabers(They require 3 BCA/craft).
That doesn't make because that is exactly what they are doing with Armormech/Synthweaving.

It's a bug, report it.

Thufir_Hawat
04.02.2012 , 12:48 AM | #5
I also hope they add a lot more schemetics before they launch this or people are going to be very disaapointed.

At the moment only 4 new lightsaber schemetics have been added, all with the 'custom-built' title, not very creative and all with boring skins.

I'm really hoping this is still a test and not fully implemented, especially if they are locking the crystal, it's silly as they don't lock the orange armour slot.

Please add a lot more skins, better names and make them fully modable.

Mobyus
04.02.2012 , 08:48 AM | #6
Okay, just an update:

While the crystal slot does have a lock on it, you can still place a crystal of your choice in the saber.

Sorry for the scare.

Thufir_Hawat
04.02.2012 , 10:47 AM | #7
Great news, still want more than 4 possible schemtics. I'm still assuming this has not been fully implemented yet.

Buku
04.02.2012 , 12:15 PM | #8
I hope they keep the skins very limited, and that the lower the level of the pattern and required materials the more basic and boring the saber is.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

TheHorsemen
04.02.2012 , 12:34 PM | #9
Do the new lightsabers require alloys from instances?

Mobyus
04.02.2012 , 02:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHorsemen View Post
Do the new lightsabers require alloys from instances?
The two that I have, Custom-Built Lightsaber and Custom-Built Double-Bladed Lightsaber are Lv20 and do not require anything special. Grade 2 Artifact Fragments, Grade 2 Power Crystals, whatever the Grade 1 white-item crafting material is, and something else... maybe Grade 2 Gemstones... I don't remember.

But nothing special... I was able to make mine and I'm on Taris having never done any flashpoints on the PTS.