Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ship Droid: april fools or not?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ship Droid: april fools or not?

amantheil's Avatar


amantheil
04.02.2012 , 08:14 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by NiteRunner View Post
Quoted For Truth as my twitter feed supports the reality of Ship Droid:

The Old Republic ‏ @SWTOR

@golemite Glad to see you're just as excited as we are! Some people think it's a joke, which is sad. We should have released it sooner!


The Old Republic ‏ @SWTOR

@The_Stargazer Oh my, it IS April 1st! We chose an awful day to announce this amazing new feature that is in no way a joke at all!


The Old Republic ‏ @SWTOR

@OldZandar April Fools? We would never joke about the very serious subject of the Ship Droid Experience!


The Old Republic ‏ @SWTOR

@TheMc_Cracken What do you mean? Of course it's real! We're all looking forward to it and we hope you are too.


I really wish a dev would come in and get this squared up, but considering what the SWTOR Twitter team is saying I support the reality of this upcoming minigame.
Of course it was a joke. It was obviously a joke from the start. It wasn't even one of those things that look like they could be real when you start reading it, and then halfway through figure out it was a joke. It's preposterous that anyone would seriously consider it to be anything other than a joke.

All these twitter feeds prove is that the SWTOR twitter team was going along with the joke.

tekkamansoul's Avatar


tekkamansoul
04.02.2012 , 08:16 AM | #32
Not a joke, I saw a youtube video of somebody playing it on PTS

StephenReid's Avatar


StephenReid
04.02.2012 , 01:17 PM | #33
Tempting as it is to continue the gag...

... no, a Ship Droid feature is not part of Game Update 1.2. This was an April Fool's joke and we hope you enjoyed the fun. (For anyone who was concerned the videos you saw as part of the update took up development time, it was all achieved through the magic of video editing.) Of course, part of any April Fool's joke is seeing how many people you can fool, hence our generally po-faced attitude on places like Twitter. Hopefully you can induldge us for one day out of the year.

Spurred by the joke, a lot of people have expressed excitement over the idea of mini-games in The Old Republic. This is something that's always been a potential future feature, but we've got no announcements to make on that right now. We'd probably also try to ensure they were more fun than re-padding ship seats.

Darlgon's Avatar


Darlgon
04.02.2012 , 01:26 PM | #34
Dang.. I was kinda hoping it was real.. I wanted to stand outside the ship and wash the windows.

amantheil's Avatar


amantheil
04.02.2012 , 01:28 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
Dang.. I was kinda hoping it was real.. I wanted to stand outside the ship and wash the windows.
How about you wash windows during a space battle? Then the challenge would be not to get shot off.

Of course, I think most of us would be happy if our droid got blasted into tiny bits during a space battle.

Drewhat's Avatar


Drewhat
04.02.2012 , 01:40 PM | #36
I am hoping for a Dance Dance Revolution mini game where the icons for your abilities float down your screen in concert with efficient rotations and their cooldown times. This would take place on your ship as you danced around your training dummy singing your light saber and blasting lighting at it.

Damgan's Avatar


Damgan
04.02.2012 , 01:53 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by NiteRunner View Post
Quoted For Truth as my twitter feed supports the reality of Ship Droid:

The Old Republic ‏ @SWTOR

@golemite Glad to see you're just as excited as we are! Some people think it's a joke, which is sad. We should have released it sooner!


The Old Republic ‏ @SWTOR

@The_Stargazer Oh my, it IS April 1st! We chose an awful day to announce this amazing new feature that is in no way a joke at all!


The Old Republic ‏ @SWTOR

@OldZandar April Fools? We would never joke about the very serious subject of the Ship Droid Experience!


The Old Republic ‏ @SWTOR

@TheMc_Cracken What do you mean? Of course it's real! We're all looking forward to it and we hope you are too.


I really wish a dev would come in and get this squared up, but considering what the SWTOR Twitter team is saying I support the reality of this upcoming minigame.
Have you not realised that this is sarcasm? Especially at bits like "amazing new feature that is in no way a joke at all" and "the very serious subject of the Ship Droid Experience!" It's so obvious that the devs are messing around here and people have taken them seriously. Well, considering the amount they do for the game we probably owe them their occasional joke.
But there are some ideas here- Companion-to-companion relations, and minigames. We've all wanted to know what the droids get up to, and perhaps we will have more knowledge on this. Next year, don't take them so seriously.
Storyline Junkie Casual PvEr Galactic Starfighter

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
04.02.2012 , 01:54 PM | #38
What I'd give to have all the old SW games on an arcade- some of those SNES ones were fantastic.




Except for that kriffing millenium falcon flying through the death star level, f that one.

BenjaminminU's Avatar


BenjaminminU
04.02.2012 , 02:19 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Tempting as it is to continue the gag...

... no, a Ship Droid feature is not part of Game Update 1.2. This was an April Fool's joke and we hope you enjoyed the fun. (For anyone who was concerned the videos you saw as part of the update took up development time, it was all achieved through the magic of video editing.) Of course, part of any April Fool's joke is seeing how many people you can fool, hence our generally po-faced attitude on places like Twitter. Hopefully you can induldge us for one day out of the year.

Spurred by the joke, a lot of people have expressed excitement over the idea of mini-games in The Old Republic. This is something that's always been a potential future feature, but we've got no announcements to make on that right now. We'd probably also try to ensure they were more fun than re-padding ship seats.
/cry

I was looking forward to cleaning my ships windows and playing super star wars
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

voigt's Avatar


voigt
04.02.2012 , 02:42 PM | #40
I would love to see some an in-game Casnio working on Nar Shaddaa.