Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exotic crafting material

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Exotic crafting material

Nitsub
04.01.2012 , 09:38 AM | #1
Where can I get a Biometric Crystal Alloy?
what skill is needed to make them?
I have been looking in the GTN for awhile now and can never see it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Lyshar
04.01.2012 , 09:41 AM | #2
Hard mode flashpoints and operations. Well, I can at least confirm the hard mode flashpoints.

Nitsub
04.01.2012 , 09:57 AM | #3
thanks I will try that

Sameria
04.01.2012 , 12:28 PM | #4
Right now it is BoP, but come 1.2 it is not longer that way.

Florial
04.01.2012 , 12:49 PM | #5
How many of these drop in a typical flashpoint or operation?

Zaikrem
04.01.2012 , 12:52 PM | #6
One from the last boss of a flashpoint, 2 from each operation boss (except for the last one, who drops a different level of exotic crafting material). I think they said they're going to make them drop less, but allow them to be traded in 1.2

venomlash
04.01.2012 , 01:36 PM | #7
Additionally, the final boss of Directive 7 drops TWO Biometric Crystal Alloy rather than one, and the final boss of The False Emperor drops a Self-Perpetuating Power Cell (used to make Mark 23 item modifications) instead of the BCA.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

MidichIorian
04.01.2012 , 04:20 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
and the final boss of The False Emperor drops a Self-Perpetuating Power Cell (used to make Mark 23 item modifications) instead of the BCA.
So that's what it's for. The four of use were just looking at eachother with question marks over our heads when we came across it. No one knew what it was for.

Lemina_Ausa
04.01.2012 , 11:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
So that's what it's for. The four of use were just looking at eachother with question marks over our heads when we came across it. No one knew what it was for.
Several high end scythweaving crafts use it, although most of them are junk, generally speaking.

Battle for ilum also drops 2 alloys iirc.

Jinook_Phi
04.07.2012 , 04:16 PM | #10
Does anyone know of a flashpoint that can be solo'd that drops these, the biometric one? Solo'd by a level 50 Sent, to be specific. Im geared to about 15K health at this point.

Thanks!