Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shutting Catboy down

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aelflaed
05.06.2012 , 11:15 PM | #41
I made a male Jedi warrior, (I'm female) because I detest the female's voice. I wasn't interested in the Kira romance (he can marry one of my Imperial girls) I didn't have him flirt at all, but WAY too often, the alternatives are just plain jerky. (I went with that, anyway) It's just weird that any flirt gets you manacled for eternity. With a friend's BH, he had 3 alternatives with Mako - kiss, kiss & don't kiss, which = kiss. Not being able to say no is monstrously creepy. You can seem to turn down the marriage idea, and then get a letter saying you're married.

This *really* needs a fix. And along those lines, I know nitwits in beta killed all their companions, removing our own possible choices, but it is incredibly jarring to have to take a companion (hello, Skadge & Xalek) that your character would *never* accept. I saw the Xalek scene, & deleted my Inquisitor. I don't *like* being forced.

ShredsAndPatches
05.08.2012 , 01:18 AM | #42
I like Jorgan and I like the Jorgan romance. And I love BioWare games, especially for the romances. That said,

flirting with a man *once*, just acknowledging him as an attractive adult, means you've committed to having sex with him in the future whether you repeatedly say no or not? How clueless do you have to be not to realize the crime that translates to the real world? And that's "working as intended"? I'm so repulsed right now by whoever "intended" that.

(I also had the problem of there being no kind way to turn Corso down. I was on the fence about him until he throws that "oh by the way, I was engaged to someone else and I ran off and left her, and I don't even feel bad" thing at you right before your only choices are to smack him down harshly or let him kiss you. I gave in because I didn't want to be mean, but it was kinda gross and I've hardly played that character since. If only there'd been an extra dialogue option "No (gentle)" or something.)

bright_ephemera
05.08.2012 , 01:26 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by ShredsAndPatches View Post
I like Jorgan and I like the Jorgan romance. And I love BioWare games, especially for the romances. That said,

flirting with a man *once*, just acknowledging him as an attractive adult, means you've committed to having sex with him in the future whether you repeatedly say no or not? How clueless do you have to be not to realize the crime that translates to the real world? And that's "working as intended"? I'm so repulsed right now by whoever "intended" that.

(I also had the problem of there being no kind way to turn Corso down. I was on the fence about him until he throws that "oh by the way, I was engaged to someone else and I ran off and left her, and I don't even feel bad" thing at you right before your only choices are to smack him down harshly or let him kiss you. I gave in because I didn't want to be mean, but it was kinda gross and I've hardly played that character since. If only there'd been an extra dialogue option "No (gentle)" or something.)
Agreed on all counts.

Though by the time I hit 6k approval, I felt that in retrospect I was no harsher to Corso than he deserved.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Gidrea
05.09.2012 , 12:22 PM | #44
I just finished up Jorgan's storyline yesterday. I never flirted, and never got kissed, luckily. I did flirt with Jonas Balker during the storyline, but never got to romance him.

Fhrosty
05.10.2012 , 10:31 AM | #45
After Republic officials have repeatedly ignored my request for a restraining order against Jorgan, I'm getting ready to contract an Imperial Assassin. I'm that tired of the sexumeow harassment.

TheronFett
05.10.2012 , 12:21 PM | #46
This (and situations like this) are one of the biggest reasons I'm not a big fan the "story driven" aspect of TOR. Just like everything else, companion plot lines are on rails, and you can't make an actual choice with how to progress your character. All the thought and process that went into these voiceovers and stories, and in the end, they still come up way short. There is no individuality in this game.

BoushhDC
05.18.2012 , 12:16 PM | #47
I am a female playing a female character and remember very well the conversation linked in the BW rep's spoiler link. It struck me at the time because the response is not just inappropriate from a military fraternization perspective, but completely unwarranted given that Jorgan had not said anything remotely suggestive. It was not just completely out of character for my 'toon to come up with out of nowhere but one would think that Jorgan being so by-the-book (especially given what an ******* he is when you accidentally click on him while trying to loot a corpse) would not fail to shut it down himself given he's never been nothing but a hard-*** up to that point, so it would be hard to miss.

I didn't take the [flirt] option and I never again saw anything like that come up. I don't know if it had anything to do with my flirting with the SIS agent in front of him once, but it was never again an issue at any rate.
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. --Sun Tzu

Aelflaed
05.29.2012 , 12:43 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by ShredsAndPatches View Post

That's been a problem with this game & other Bioware games. (there is NO nice way to say 'no' to Anders in DA2) Saying 'no' doesn't mean you're a horrible person or mean - and there should be a nice way of edging out of it. My daughter played a male agent, & he has 2 good ways of evading both Kaliyo & the monstrously annoying Temple - why don't the rest of us get this?