Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Armstech


WhiskeyGrin's Avatar


WhiskeyGrin
03.31.2012 , 11:04 PM | #1
In my opinion Armstech could use a buff. The fact that biotechs and cybertechs can create columni level gear, while the best weapons in the game that armstechs produce are below Tionese level strikes me as imbalanced. More interest would be generated from crafting gear if armstechs could make better guns. The scopes that they make also could use a buff, for example the ability to make scopes that are the best in the game usable only by armstechs, similar to in WoW how a jewel crafter could have 3 epic gems that were usable only for him.
Xaro Tiamat 50 Sniper Jung'Ma

Holinyx's Avatar


Holinyx
04.01.2012 , 03:14 AM | #2
Armstech does need some upgrading. and the ability to craft Purple grade vibroknives.
the 49 purple barrels are still tops until Columi. shame you can get one with only 8 daily comms. ah well.

the daily quests should net Blue stuff, not purple.
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

WhiskeyGrin's Avatar


WhiskeyGrin
04.01.2012 , 04:57 AM | #3
Absolutely, as far as end game goes, armstech is a real bad crew skill to have.
Xaro Tiamat 50 Sniper Jung'Ma

Karkais's Avatar


Karkais
04.01.2012 , 05:35 AM | #4
After patch 1.2 armstech will be able to "learn schematics that allow the creation of Endurance, Surge, Critical, Accuracy, and Power Augments.".

Those look very lucrative if you ask me, particularly power, critical and endurance augments, but I dont know if augments are good enough reason to be armstech. I dont even know what else they can make.
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette

ninjashadowdark's Avatar


ninjashadowdark
04.01.2012 , 06:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
After patch 1.2 armstech will be able to "learn schematics that allow the creation of Endurance, Surge, Critical, Accuracy, and Power Augments.".

Those look very lucrative if you ask me, particularly power, critical and endurance augments, but I dont know if augments are good enough reason to be armstech. I dont even know what else they can make.
well if you guys thinks arms tec is bad to have wait for the update or play the test sever...you can also learn recipes bye reverse enginer things ... Alot of things if you guys dont like arm tec after the patch instead of talking about how terrible it is how about some new ideas to improve it :P..

Agemnon's Avatar


Agemnon
04.01.2012 , 10:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by WhiskeyGrin View Post
Absolutely, as far as end game goes, armstech is a real bad crew skill to have.
If it were possible to craft a moddable flashy replica I'd have a character learn it.
Welcome to PvP, where it's socially acceptable for 40 year old geeks to beat up 12 year old boys.

WhiskeyGrin's Avatar


WhiskeyGrin
04.01.2012 , 10:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjashadowdark View Post
well if you guys thinks arms tec is bad to have wait for the update or play the test sever...you can also learn recipes bye reverse enginer things ... Alot of things if you guys dont like arm tec after the patch instead of talking about how terrible it is how about some new ideas to improve it :P..
Bro, I didn't just say it was terrible I pointed out ares where it was inadequate by comparing to othe crew skills such as cybertech. Maybe if you read forumn posts in a real attempt to communicate, not just troll that wouldn't have flown right by your head.
Xaro Tiamat 50 Sniper Jung'Ma

lunartic's Avatar


lunartic
04.01.2012 , 12:24 PM | #8
in 1.2 armstech will be able to make some of the augments and also critted orange weapons. Funny though, i have all 6 crafting skills and armstech is my best money maker =)

WhiskeyGrin's Avatar


WhiskeyGrin
04.01.2012 , 11:08 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by lunartic View Post
in 1.2 armstech will be able to make some of the augments and also critted orange weapons. Funny though, i have all 6 crafting skills and armstech is my best money maker =)
Whats your secret?
Xaro Tiamat 50 Sniper Jung'Ma

Tickdoff-Tank's Avatar


Tickdoff-Tank
04.01.2012 , 11:21 PM | #10
Another thing to consider.... 1.2 will help a lot of people to roll an alt, and Armstechs can make weapons for a large chunk of the players and companions out there. So, with more people rolling alts it might be a profitable time for an armstech to make some lower level weapons on the cheap and cash in on people leveling an alt (especially if their main is rich and they want the best available equipment while leveling)