Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Maul.

WarSiren
04.04.2012 , 06:37 PM | #21
According to the Book of the Sith. The Double Bladed Saber is supposed to be a warriors weapon, and Darth Maul was a Warrior not an Inquisitor or an Assassin.

in regards to the Saber Staff Darth Sidious has the following addendum to the Darth Bane Chapter that discusses the saber staff.

"It IS a Sith weapon, but one suited for the barbarians among us."

He also has this to say about Sith Warriors in the Malgus Chapter.

"Warriors are animals. Agents like Darth Maul have their uses, but can never expand beyond their limited set of tasks."

So as you can see, other than Sidious having a very low opinion of Warriors Darth Maul was not an Inquisitor. IMO The Marauder is more closely based on Maul but with the wrong weapon. Also IMO from all other resources Assassins should be dual wielding and Marauders should have the Saber Staff. BW screwed up on that.
The Koda Legacy
Master Zhar Lestin OK Who Pulled
Tythona ~ ~ M'alice ~ ~ Promethea ~ ~ Caliya
Juggernaut ~~~ Assassin ~~~ Sniper ~~~ Powertech

iDubstep
04.05.2012 , 02:08 PM | #22
Yeah a typical move to assassinate someone back in the day would be locking swords in a duel and pulling out a poinard and stabbing them in the gut.

I also agree that Marauders should have been the melee heavy DPS class with a giant double sided saber while the Assassins have two single sabers, something akin to the short sabers seen in KOTR.
Alive Heros: Confident Hero - Stout Hero - Jedi Covenant
Dead Heros: Octane Torque - Burn Torque - Enslave Minds - Tortured Minds - East Coast PVP server merge fatalities

French-toast
04.05.2012 , 02:51 PM | #23
i havent seen this thread 30 times
Pancake-the crucible pit

Dusksoverture
04.05.2012 , 06:56 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowmojo View Post
Just because he carries a double bladed lightsaber doesn't mean hes modeled after someone else who does in lore.
You think it's just a coincidence that the Assassin has Darth Maul's Seethe animation?

OndreKH
04.05.2012 , 07:05 PM | #25
I say BW makes two new builds for SI and SW so you can duel wield for SI if you wanted to or have double bladed lightsaber for SW.(Of course this would have to be done for the Republic side to) This is supposed to be the game star wars game fans dream of so why shouldnt we have the characters we always wanted. Thats just my 2 cents. Although I would like to see this happen in their next big expansion.
.::: E C H E L O N 7 :::.
Premier Empire RP Ondre Vastor, Keeper
Server: Jung Ma [RP-PvP EST] Website

princeshock
01.30.2013 , 05:46 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OndreKH View Post
I say BW makes two new builds for SI and SW so you can duel wield for SI if you wanted to or have double bladed lightsaber for SW.(Of course this would have to be done for the Republic side to) This is supposed to be the game star wars game fans dream of so why shouldnt we have the characters we always wanted. Thats just my 2 cents. Although I would like to see this happen in their next big expansion.
Agreed completely.

MantorokTwelve
01.30.2013 , 09:01 PM | #27
Darth Maul was Darth Sideous' assassin. He may not have showcased a lot of political flair, but he wasn't the inquisitor that was manipulating the Republic, Sideous was. And he was certainly sneaky enough, he tracked Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to Tattooine and ambushed them at their ship.

Quote:
Though well trained in the ways of the Sith, Maul was technically a Sith Lord in violation of the Rule of Two because his own Master was at the time apprenticed to another, the Muun Sith Lord Darth Plagueis. However, he was kept as a Sith Assassin and thus technically wasn't an actual Sith apprentice, and in addition, Plagueis had discontinued the Rule of Two by the time he trained Sidious.

HollowVamp
02.01.2013 , 05:16 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkaRagno View Post
Don't know how you got the idea that sith inquisitor class in based on Darth Maul, as the post above me says, just because the class carries a double-bladed lightsaber, dosent mean that the whole class is based on Maul lol.

"Sith Inquisitors were a class of powerful Force-wielders within the Sith Empire, operating primarily within the upper echelons and political circles. In contrast to their counterparts, the Sith Warriors, Inquisitors specialized in Force abilities as opposed to martial might, and many would devote much time to researching new skills to survive in the cutthroat Sith political environment. Few acolytes succeeded in becoming Inquisitors. However, those that did proved to be the most determined."
BW has stated it in the past, like they stated Juggs/guardians where modeled/inspired after vader
It's not the GREAT who are STRONG
It's the STRONG who are GREAT

Monterone
02.06.2013 , 01:06 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Prideth View Post
i remember back before launch the devs saying that Sith Sorcerer (Sith Inquisitor) was modeled after darth sidious, Sith Assassin (Sith Inquisitor) was modeled after darth maul, Sith Juggernaut (Sith Warrior) was modeled after darth vader. i tryed finding the video where they said this but no luck. : / but i think it was at a guild summit.
Yep, I remember them saying assassin was modeled after Maul, also. Hence the name of the Maul ability and the very recognizable Seethe from Episode I.
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Jayshames
02.06.2013 , 03:58 AM | #30
Assassin should dual wield baby lightsabres, half the size, like mini butter knife lightabres. That would be nice.