Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Maul.

Prideth
03.31.2012 , 08:45 PM | #1
So the sith inquisitor (assassin) is suppose to be modeled after darth maul, right? Why isn't there a spec that uses his fighting style then? I feel the tank spec would have worked well if it didn't use lightning force attacks as much and used more of a martial arts combat style for the class. Anyone else feel like they could've done better with the class?

mrHaterade
03.31.2012 , 10:37 PM | #2
You mean a primarily melee spec like Deception? :/

Remer
03.31.2012 , 11:48 PM | #3
Just make sure you always use your Tumult

Slowmojo
04.01.2012 , 08:30 AM | #4
Just because he carries a double bladed lightsaber doesn't mean hes modeled after someone else who does in lore.

MarkaRagno
04.01.2012 , 08:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Prideth View Post
So the sith inquisitor (assassin) is suppose to be modeled after darth maul, right? Why isn't there a spec that uses his fighting style then? I feel the tank spec would have worked well if it didn't use lightning force attacks as much and used more of a martial arts combat style for the class. Anyone else feel like they could've done better with the class?
Don't know how you got the idea that sith inquisitor class in based on Darth Maul, as the post above me says, just because the class carries a double-bladed lightsaber, dosent mean that the whole class is based on Maul lol.

"Sith Inquisitors were a class of powerful Force-wielders within the Sith Empire, operating primarily within the upper echelons and political circles. In contrast to their counterparts, the Sith Warriors, Inquisitors specialized in Force abilities as opposed to martial might, and many would devote much time to researching new skills to survive in the cutthroat Sith political environment. Few acolytes succeeded in becoming Inquisitors. However, those that did proved to be the most determined."
"Giving President Obama a Nobel Peace Price would be like giving someone an Oscar in the hope that it will encourage them to make a descent motion picture" - Christopher Hitchens.

Olvera
04.01.2012 , 09:57 AM | #6
Actually Darth Maul would be a marauder. Seeing that he uses the Juyo style. And the marauder combat style is mostly attuned to how he fights. So basically hes a Marauder using a Sin's weapon.

Prideth
04.01.2012 , 03:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowmojo View Post
Just because he carries a double bladed lightsaber doesn't mean hes modeled after someone else who does in lore.
the lore came after ray park though. darth maul was the best sith in the movies and they should've done something with him in the game, imo.

Gaiter
04.01.2012 , 03:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkaRagno View Post
Don't know how you got the idea that sith inquisitor class in based on Darth Maul, as the post above me says, just because the class carries a double-bladed lightsaber, dosent mean that the whole class is based on Maul lol.

"Sith Inquisitors were a class of powerful Force-wielders within the Sith Empire, operating primarily within the upper echelons and political circles. In contrast to their counterparts, the Sith Warriors, Inquisitors specialized in Force abilities as opposed to martial might, and many would devote much time to researching new skills to survive in the cutthroat Sith political environment. Few acolytes succeeded in becoming Inquisitors. However, those that did proved to be the most determined."
Interesting... Spoiler about class quests and their endings.

Spoiler
Gaiter - 50 Assassin - Master Dar'nala

deags
04.01.2012 , 10:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkaRagno View Post
Don't know how you got the idea that sith inquisitor class in based on Darth Maul, as the post above me says, just because the class carries a double-bladed lightsaber, dosent mean that the whole class is based on Maul lol.[/I]"

Where they probably got the idea from is the fact that the developers said it themself more or less, back before the game lanuched they said their "inspiration" i believe the word was for the assassin AC was Darth Maul. Though of course inspiration and modeled after are fairly different things under my interruption.
Vors, sith assassin of Guild Grievance
www.grievanceguild.com

cupofwater
04.02.2012 , 02:32 AM | #10
Assassin Class was modeled after Darth Zannah IMO.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Zannah
"SEDUCTION"
"The dark is generous, and it is patient."