Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Minor plot hole with darth vader

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Minor plot hole with darth vader

Vektarulz
03.31.2012 , 08:18 AM | #1
Lets forget his fall to the darkside that took 3 seconds(mace windu's death,go watch that scene again and listen to the dialogue its kinda silly)

What im bringing up here i hadent realy thought about,i used to wonder why our good friend Vader couldent use lightning,apprentley some canonized book explains that he had 2 robotic arms,therefore he could not channel the force through his arms,thats cool and interesting! so sorry for vader realy but heres the problem....he still can use force choke and a saber...well lets not count the lightsaber that ***** a deep deep plot hole to

(many sources say the reason you cant just pick up and use a jedi's saber is because only sith and jedi use the force and the force is needed to channel it)
COUGH GREVIOUS COUGH
My level 50's
╦xile,Jedi Sentinel
Cykah,Imperial Operative
Nightingale Mercenary

Darth_Vicente
03.31.2012 , 08:28 AM | #2
If your first language isn't English I apologize in advance for saying: Good grammar is your friend.

Anyway, firstly, Vader could still use the Force, it is specifically lightning that requires your organic arms to be used as a channel. The Force itself is a different story.

Second, non-Force users are perfectly capable of using a lightsaber, however, only Force users have the reflexes to use them as effectively as they. With Grevious being a cyborg, I imaging he has safeties preventing him from cutting himself.

So, no, these are not plot holes.
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nńeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

Vektarulz
03.31.2012 , 09:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vicente View Post
If your first language isn't English I apologize in advance for saying: Good grammar is your friend.

Anyway, firstly, Vader could still use the Force, it is specifically lightning that requires your organic arms to be used as a channel. The Force itself is a different story.

Second, non-Force users are perfectly capable of using a lightsaber, however, only Force users have the reflexes to use them as effectively as they. With Grevious being a cyborg, I imaging he has safeties preventing him from cutting himself.

So, no, these are not plot holes.

There is misinformation in lore though,there is a book considered canon saying that is the reason he cannot use lightning and it is explained in kotor 1 you cannot just pick up a saber yet many people within canon lore who dont use the force do,and vader clearly uses choke Its Cannon lore saying the other are wrong and that's why its a plot hole
My level 50's
╦xile,Jedi Sentinel
Cykah,Imperial Operative
Nightingale Mercenary

Shotgonius
03.31.2012 , 09:17 AM | #4
He can still use the Force just fine. Him using lightning would short out his robot arms.

Many non-Force users have used lightsabers. Pre Vizsla used a darksaber which is a form of lightsaber. Boba Fett used a lightsaber in a battle or two.

Wolfninjajedi
03.31.2012 , 09:39 AM | #5
Also his fall to the darkside, didn't happen in 3 seconds...if you actually watched the movies you see he is already falling.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Forgon
03.31.2012 , 09:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Also his fall to the darkside, didn't happen in 3 seconds...if you actually watched the movies you see he is already falling.
This.

Also, its not a plot hole, it is common sense. If you have two robot arms of technology, how is conducting lightning through them helpful? Vader has to manipulate the force into polar energies that create an electrical current from him to another person, using his arms as the tool to direct it at his opponent. Explain to me how it is safe for a cyborg to shoot lightning that is probably dozens of volts stronger than most technology, considering you are using emotion and the Force to power it, without blowing the circuits to your said robotic arms?
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Vektarulz
03.31.2012 , 09:48 AM | #7
I know,kills tusken raiders,mad about padme has a few fits of rage in diffrent events but watch the final scene before it happens again ''YOU MUST BE DSTOPPED EMPEROR,YOUR A TRAITOR!( still not evil derp) NO DONT KILL HIM WINDU HE NEEDS TO STAND TRIAL(still not evil derp) I KILLED MACE FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE LAW!(STILL not evil)

Emperor:thankyou anakin your now evil
anakin:OH OK SWEET BRO!

I sorry i just dont feel the third movie was that good :P some awsome parts but dialogue wise and such not so much
My level 50's
╦xile,Jedi Sentinel
Cykah,Imperial Operative
Nightingale Mercenary

Wolfninjajedi
03.31.2012 , 10:03 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vektarulz View Post
I know,kills tusken raiders,mad about padme has a few fits of rage in diffrent events but watch the final scene before it happens again ''YOU MUST BE DSTOPPED EMPEROR,YOUR A TRAITOR!( still not evil derp) NO DONT KILL HIM WINDU HE NEEDS TO STAND TRIAL(still not evil derp) I KILLED MACE FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE LAW!(STILL not evil)

Emperor:thankyou anakin your now evil
anakin:OH OK SWEET BRO!

I sorry i just dont feel the third movie was that good :P some awsome parts but dialogue wise and such not so much
You realize he was manipulated yes?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Vektarulz
03.31.2012 , 10:13 AM | #9
You realize he was manipulated yes?
Yeah of course he was im just saying hes good and still following the republic laws then the second mace windu dies he just gives up
My level 50's
╦xile,Jedi Sentinel
Cykah,Imperial Operative
Nightingale Mercenary

Ravager
03.31.2012 , 10:21 AM | #10
There is misinformation in lore though,there is a book considered canon saying that is the reason he cannot use lightning and it is explained in kotor 1 you cannot just pick up a saber yet many people within canon lore who dont use the force do,and vader clearly uses choke Its Cannon lore saying the other are wrong and that's why its a plot hole
In KotOR, it is explained that inserting the crystal into the lightsaber requires Force affinity - not picking it up. Many throughout lore have picked up lightsabers and used them without using the Force.

Zhar Lestin describes the process of inserting the crystal into the lightsaber that requires you to use the Force, and is rather surprised when it was done almost perfectly on Revan's first attempt.

Yeah of course he was im just saying hes good and still following the republic laws then the second mace windu dies he just gives up
Remember his contemplation before facing Windu. To him, the death of Sidious is also the death of his wife - and so the regret begins about sending the Jedi to arrest him. This selfish decision comes as the culmination of brash and pompous decisions on his part throughout the Clone Wars and even before.

He also follows the impulsive, manipulated murder by exclaiming, "What have I done!" He is left with little other choice than to join Sidious after killing a Mace Windu - and it falls into his interests of saving PadmÚ.

Futhermore, he did this mostly to save his wife, not to take over the galaxy. He justifies it later on, making himself believe what he is doing is the right thing. Once PadmÚ is dead, he is left with nothing else but to assume his role with Sidious. He soon embraces his strength in the dark-side and his new powers, but that doesn't mean there aren't parts of him that wish Sidious dead, as we see later.
Sexy Panther Fighting Corps!(Spfc!) Selkath.com Forums
The most awesome clubs on Earth. We have a mascot. We are working on the laundromat.
Buskar- The Casual Mandalorian Swinging And Hanging Around Guild