Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightning Rotations?

Headroller
02.10.2013 , 02:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Quantemoq View Post
how can you trade alacritiy for crit ? because all enhancements have either surge/accuracy or alacrity ?
Not sure if serious

Suide
02.10.2013 , 03:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkzided View Post
lightning spec is fail in leveling. epic fail. its faster to level when you can just spam your force lightning with no cool down. respec right now
Would you mind giving me an idea how to spec into that? It sounds like fun but I haven't the slighest idea how to do achieve that lol.
501st Hoo-ahh!

Quantemoq
02.15.2013 , 11:07 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Headroller View Post
Not sure if serious
the thing is you suggested, was changing alacrity for crit. i was making a sarcastic comment about it, since it is not possible. crit trades for power, alacritiy trades for surge /accuarcy.

in the end you have around 550 points that have to be either alacrity/surge/ or accuracy.
and you cannot trade them for neither power, nor crit ,nor willpower.

Quote: Originally Posted by Headroller View Post
The reason it's Crit > Ala is because your below the 1 second global cooldown if you were infact just spamming .6 second lightning bolts your sitting there waiting for almost a full half a second for your global cooldown. Which is in fact a DPS loss....
btw a global cool down is 1.5 sec not 1sec
and all abilities that are affected by alacrity (all channels and casts) do not even have a gcd. gcd is only for instant casts

Luckeyduckey
02.15.2013 , 03:36 PM | #24
Start the fight with a hard cast chain lightning on the mobs, then apply affliction to all of them. Hard Cast another chain lightning or force lightning if you get Barrage proc, then spam lightning strike and weave in crushing darkness, force lightning (with or without proc) and use chain lightning on instant cast proc and at the beginning of a fight.

Priority: Chain Lightning on Proc
Force Lightning on Proc
Affliction if it wares off
Crushing Darkness
Force Lightning off Proc
Lightning Strike

Something like that...
Svenskar
FOTM Powertech since launch
Unsubbed due to lack of PvP content.

dcgregorya
03.06.2013 , 11:10 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
Start the fight with a hard cast chain lightning on the mobs, then apply affliction to all of them. Hard Cast another chain lightning or force lightning if you get Barrage proc, then spam lightning strike and weave in crushing darkness, force lightning (with or without proc) and use chain lightning on instant cast proc and at the beginning of a fight.

Priority: Chain Lightning on Proc
Force Lightning on Proc
Affliction if it wares off
Crushing Darkness
Force Lightning off Proc
Lightning Strike

Something like that...
At low level (pre force storm) my best parse is by :

Affliction to open
Lightning strike spam until barrage or storm procs.
Force lightning or chain lighting when their procs are up.
Try to refresh affliction when you have half cost procs.
If you want more burst use crushing force *after* you use your chain lighting off proc and close with a shock.

I've found part of my problem when I started was not spamming lightning strike "hard enough". You really want to make sure there is zero time inbetween finishing one and starting the other - so I start spamming my hotkey right before it finishes its cast. Closing those gaps improved my DPS by 10%, which put it slightly below madness on single target but with much better AOE.

Luckeyduckey
03.07.2013 , 03:33 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
At low level (pre force storm) my best parse is by :

Affliction to open
Lightning strike spam until barrage or storm procs.
Force lightning or chain lighting when their procs are up.
Try to refresh affliction when you have half cost procs.
If you want more burst use crushing force *after* you use your chain lighting off proc and close with a shock.

I've found part of my problem when I started was not spamming lightning strike "hard enough". You really want to make sure there is zero time inbetween finishing one and starting the other - so I start spamming my hotkey right before it finishes its cast. Closing those gaps improved my DPS by 10%, which put it slightly below madness on single target but with much better AOE.
Next patch, lightning strike will be 100% more viable, in both trees. Madness gets a dot and alacrity boost from using Lighttning Strike, along with a 35% damage increase from Wrath. Lightning is getting a 50% surge boost to lightning strike.
Svenskar
FOTM Powertech since launch
Unsubbed due to lack of PvP content.