Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taris requires an immediate (hot)fix.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Taris requires an immediate (hot)fix.

Ricje
12.16.2011 , 07:08 PM | #1
Since several builds back in the beta, Taris has been a freezefest.
Today, my guildmate and I were happily leveling until we had to go to Taris. Was well at first but eventually we kept getting more random freezes.
We decided to suck it up and continue.

Then when we went back to return a quest it started. Suddenly both our games went down to 0.1 to 0.3 FPS (not exaggarating) after which it crashed.

Tried to log in (loading screen took up to 8 minutes) just to have it happen again

6 crashes later I opened up task manager and had it running in my second screen.
Now normally, the game runs between 1.1 (when starting it up and initially) and 2.2 GB for me. I have 16 GB so all is well.
However. In this specific area with the current severe freezing issue, it was beating my memory sticks to death. When I looked at the RAM usage, it was at 6.8 GB and rapidly increasing.

My guildmate and I can no longer log in to our character because of this.

Glennvdz
12.16.2011 , 07:13 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ricje View Post
Since several builds back in the beta, Taris has been a freezefest.
Today, my guildmate and I were happily leveling until we had to go to Taris. Was well at first but eventually we kept getting more random freezes.
We decided to suck it up and continue.

Then when we went back to return a quest it started. Suddenly both our games went down to 0.1 to 0.3 FPS (not exaggarating) after which it crashed.

Tried to log in (loading screen took up to 8 minutes) just to have it happen again

6 crashes later I opened up task manager and had it running in my second screen.
Now normally, the game runs between 1.1 (when starting it up and initially) and 2.2 GB for me. I have 16 GB so all is well.
However. In this specific area with the current severe freezing issue, it was beating my memory sticks to death. When I looked at the RAM usage, it was at 6.8 GB and rapidly increasing.

My guildmate and I can no longer log in to our character because of this.
Same problem, the memory is leaking up to 6gb here. Steady it's around 1gb when TOR is closed.

This is happening in the underground room in which you speak with Doctor Lokin.
Getting max 0,3 fps then the game totally crashes over & over again. 7 times by now.