Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About Karen Traviss Hate...

Morticoccus
03.31.2012 , 06:58 AM | #11
Well, as favorite character killers go she's the worst.
I was pissed off at R.A Salvatore for killing Chewie, but I got over it seeing how good Han Solo is as a solo character, even though he tends to get saddled with a new sidekick every 5 minutes...

She offed Mara Jade.

Nuff' said.
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

Wolfninjajedi
03.31.2012 , 10:08 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TKMaster View Post
But yet when the Jedi are given the same treatment it's, as another thread said, "the standard quo" and no one says anything.

Again not all jedi are Kenobi, Windu, Skywalker....or they werent supposed to be, actually now they are.

NVM.
When did the jedi become the best at everything? Last I checked, they still had their faults.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aximand
03.31.2012 , 12:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
When did the jedi become the best at everything? Last I checked, they still had their faults.
Also: Spoiler! Star Wars is about the Jedi!
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

mefit
03.31.2012 , 01:01 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
Also: Spoiler! Star Wars is about the Jedi!
Spolier
Out of the main cast of Star Wars OT or EP4-6 . 1 Jedi ,2 Robots, 2Humans , 1 Wookie
Ofcourse it ranged from EP4 2Jedi , 2 Droids 2 Humans , 1 Wookie
to EP5-6 1 Jedi , 2 Droids , 3 Humans , 1 Wookie

Seems StarWars was about alot more than just Jedi but I guess if you only cared about Jedi than yeah............
Edit, so yeah Jedi are usually in the main spot light but a good writer will do things outside of the very known and over done story of Jedi and Sith................Thankgod for those who think outside the Box and like to do new things
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

Aximand
03.31.2012 , 01:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Spolier
Out of the main cast of Star Wars OT or EP4-6 . 1 Jedi ,2 Robots, 2Humans , 1 Wookie
Ofcourse it ranged from EP4 2Jedi , 2 Droids 2 Humans , 1 Wookie
to EP5-6 1 Jedi , 2 Droids , 3 Humans , 1 Wookie

Seems StarWars was about alot more than just Jedi but I guess if you only cared about Jedi than yeah............
Edit, so yeah Jedi are usually in the main spot light but a good writer will do things outside of the very known and over done story of Jedi and Sith................Thankgod for those who think outside the Box and like to do new things
Yea, because the whole saga totally isn't about Anakin Skywalker's fall to the Dark Side and Sith-hood and his redemption back to the Light Side. The "Return of the Jedi" title isn't referring to Luke.

JaedenSyn
03.31.2012 , 04:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
So now you know. Karen Traviss wasn't just responsible for the unsanctioned killing of Mara. She was also responsible for giving the rest of the Expanded Universe writing team a helluva headache and a LOT of garbage to clean up.

)
its funny how you cant write anything for Lucas Arts without getting express written permission to change ANY storyline. So, if as you said in the above quote did this on her own , I would ask you how?

And she didnt have a hard on for Mandos, she just told the story from their point of view . So yeah she made the Jedi/ Sith look terrible because from a Mando point of view they are terrible. Almost all of the wars in the Star Wars universe are started by Jedi and Sith either going after each other or they are trying to change how a culture acts using their own sense of morality.

The difference between Jedi and Sith is that the Sith are up front about who they are , Jedi are not.

Morticoccus
03.31.2012 , 06:00 PM | #17
Yea, because the whole saga totally isn't about Anakin Skywalker's fall to the Dark Side and Sith-hood and his redemption back to the Light Side. The "Return of the Jedi" title isn't referring to Luke.
I always thought it referred to the return of the Jedi order.
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

Aximand
03.31.2012 , 06:19 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Morticoccus View Post
I always thought it referred to the return of the Jedi order.
No. According to G-Canon (the movies) Luke is the last of the Jedi. The "Return of the Jedi" title refers to Darth Vader becoming Anakin Skywalker again and returning to the Light Side as a Jedi. What do you think Luke's whole "I am a Jedi, like my Father before me" spiel was about?

Wolfninjajedi
03.31.2012 , 06:25 PM | #19
No. According to G-Canon (the movies) Luke is the last of the Jedi. The "Return of the Jedi" title refers to Darth Vader becoming Anakin Skywalker again and returning to the Light Side as a Jedi. What do you think Luke's whole "I am a Jedi, like my Father before me" spiel was about?
Him being a jedi?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TheBentOne
03.31.2012 , 06:26 PM | #20
Ask anyone. ANYONE who the main character of episodes 4-6 was.

Here is a hint: NOT DARTH VADER, hell in a new hope he isnít even the MAIN VILLIAN, let alone the main character.

The OT was a story about the rise of LUKE SKYWALKER. LUKE, not ANNIE.

if you had asked Lucas this before he made the prequels and sold his soul for money while turning his back on everything he used to believe in (Iíd like to give GL the benefit of the doubt, but the best I can come up with as an alternate explanation is that he became senile). He would've said the same thing.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.