Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where can I find the serial number of my Security Key?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slooth
12.16.2011 , 07:00 PM | #1

For the Physical Security Key, the serial number is visible on the back of the security key.

For the Mobile Security Key, the serial number is assigned to you when you set up your mobile security key. To view it, launch the app, click the “Information” icon, click “Security Key Information” and the number will be listed under “Serial number”.

On my iphone it goes when I launch the app it goes straight to asking me for this 7 digit code. How can this be done?

itsmeBKT
12.16.2011 , 07:12 PM | #2
Ditto for me!

Quote: Originally Posted by Slooth View Post

For the Physical Security Key, the serial number is visible on the back of the security key.

For the Mobile Security Key, the serial number is assigned to you when you set up your mobile security key. To view it, launch the app, click the “Information” icon, click “Security Key Information” and the number will be listed under “Serial number”.

On my iphone it goes when I launch the app it goes straight to asking me for this 7 digit code. How can this be done?

Sharpened
12.24.2011 , 05:01 PM | #3
This SUCKS!@ I install the stupid application and it asks me for a 7 digit "serial number" which I can't locate ANYWHERE! AND a 20 digit "activation code" which I can't locate ANYWHERE!

Can someone please direct me to a location within my online account so that I can enter the stupid codes.... So, THEN I can get a "security key" AND THEN I CAN PLAY THE FRACKING GAME!!!!

Argosian
12.24.2011 , 05:03 PM | #4
That's not the security key in question. You find the security key and serial the app wants in your account info on the SWTOR website, under "Security Key". Until you associate a key, the needed numbers will be displayed there.

Nareese
12.24.2011 , 05:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharpened View Post
Can someone please direct me to a location within my online account so that I can enter the stupid codes.... So, THEN I can get a "security key" AND THEN I CAN PLAY THE FRACKING GAME!!!!
Just to be clear, having a security key is NOT required to "PLAY THE FRACKING GAME!" It is entirely optional.

Sharpened
12.24.2011 , 05:10 PM | #6
OK, so when you are setting up your account:

THERE ARE *NO* LINKS to set up your security key or any indications of where one should GO to set up the security key and have the 7 and 20 digit codes displayed.

After a lot of tinkering around I finally observed in my logged in account page a link on the right hand side of the page noted: "Security Key"

Once you go to that page you can set up the security key and it will display the two codes on the website for you to enter into your phone application.

Thanks SWTOR for making this so easy!

I don't know WHY you didn't put a link to that site that pops up after the user selects the appropriate application install link (in my case Android)????

rbetzen
12.24.2011 , 05:10 PM | #7
Hmmm... I've already associated my acount with the physical security key that came with the game. Now those numbers are not displayed on my account. I'd much rather have the mobile security app associated with my account because I'm less likely to lose it. Is there a way to add the mobile app or at least change it?

Nareese
12.24.2011 , 05:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by rbetzen View Post
Hmmm... I've already associated my acount with the physical security key that came with the game. Now those numbers are not displayed on my account. I'd much rather have the mobile security app associated with my account because I'm less likely to lose it. Is there a way to add the mobile app or at least change it?
Add, no. Change, yes. You will need to call (not email) support to have them do it. Make sure they understand that you're not just removing the physical key, that you also want to add the app instead, and keep them on the line until you know that has worked successfully. Will save you a call back and sitting in the insanely long hold queue again.

Red--Sith
01.13.2012 , 08:02 PM | #9
I go into my account, select security key - no option to setup mobile security key, so no displayed serial number or activation code.

I launch the app (on HTC EVO) no information link at all, only area to enter serial number and activation code.

So now that I am in this little circle of going to the site to associate my mobile app to get sent to the app to get sent the site to get sent to the app to get sent to the site.......

Help.

Ratae
01.13.2012 , 08:35 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hello,

For those of you having trouble setting up your security keys or who wish to switch between the mobile and physical versions, please contact our customer support department by telephone.

You can contact us toll-free on:
1855 GO SWTOR (1855 467 9867) from the USA
or 008000 BIOWARE (00800 0246 9273) from the United Kingdom, France or Germany.

If you’re calling from a country other than the USA, UK, France or Germany, you may call us on 0044 203 564 2555, but please be advised that international call rates may apply.

Please note that our telephone support is provided in English, French and German only.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support