Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Waiting For George Lucas To Pass-Away

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Waiting For George Lucas To Pass-Away

Scerge
03.30.2012 , 11:17 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
Hire whatever company made the SWTOR intro cinematics and have them make the next star wars movie(s). The lightsaber fights in those battles seem more realistic to me choreographically than any of the live movies.
He's got things in place so when he dies no one will be able to make anything to do with star wars.
Battlebug
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
13-12-11 7 Day Early Access Squadron.

Wolfninjajedi
03.30.2012 , 11:20 AM | #22
Sides we don't need anymore movies, its fine the way it is. Can continue on tv shows, books/comics, and games.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Captain_Zone
03.30.2012 , 11:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I liked them, they weren't bad to me. Bad is subjective when it comes to entertainment.
I'm not saying they were horrible. They had their good points. But as far as dialogue goes, I think he should have BioWare's team write the scripts for him. Also, some of the plot points in the prequels were complete garbage, for lack of a better word. Fortunately, I have now read the prequel books, and they explain a LOT that the movies screwed up. Somewhere along the line, George lost his edge that he had with the OT. Probably because he waited nearly 20 years to make the prequels. Honestly, I think you're in the minority there, Wolf.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

dannomite
03.30.2012 , 11:24 AM | #24
I'm sure his children will add more to the lore in one way or another. From the interviews I've seen of him, he seems like a pretty laid back family man. Wouldn't surprise me if he encourages his children to expand on any of his works.
"My name isn't slick. It's Zoidberg... John <explicit> Zoidberg."
Ginyuu 50 Scoundrel - The Fatman
Kramden 50 Guardian - The Fatman

Wolfninjajedi
03.30.2012 , 11:27 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I'm not saying they were horrible. They had their good points. But as far as dialogue goes, I think he should have BioWare's team write the scripts for him. Also, some of the plot points in the prequels were complete garbage, for lack of a better word. Fortunately, I have now read the prequel books, and they explain a LOT that the movies screwed up. Somewhere along the line, George lost his edge that he had with the OT. Probably because he waited nearly 20 years to make the prequels. Honestly, I think you're in the minority there, Wolf.
Well of course books explain a lot, books are not limited in a budget, nor having to deal with thousands of other people, nor are books limited in what they can do. This is true for pretty much any movie, with a book...you can't shove an entire book into a movie thats just ridiculous.

Captain_Zone
03.30.2012 , 11:29 AM | #26
Well of course books explain a lot, books are not limited in a budget, nor having to deal with thousands of other people, nor are books limited in what they can do. This is true for pretty much any movie, with a book...you can't shove an entire book into a movie thats just ridiculous.
I dunno. They did a pretty good job with bringing 300 to life.
. OPOD

Wolfninjajedi
03.30.2012 , 11:31 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I dunno. They did a pretty good job with bringing 300 to life.
Except 300 was also inaccurate in terms of historical facts.

Diviciacus
03.30.2012 , 11:35 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
There isnt going to be any more star wars movies, ever. Even after he passes away. His said his put steps in place so no more features will ever be made after he dies.
I should like to point out that copyrights expire exactly 100 years after the death of the person who filed the original copyright.

But a century after Lucas' death, there will probably be less Star Wars fans and so no one will care to make new movies anyway.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?

Captain_Zone
03.30.2012 , 11:38 AM | #29
Except 300 was also inaccurate in terms of historical facts.
Most movies are. Especially from 2000 - 4000 years ago. lol
. OPOD

mattchanner
03.30.2012 , 11:51 AM | #30
A Jedi does NOT delight in another beings death.
U MAD? Let go of your Anger.
Look I made a Dumb fan video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USRec...el_video_title