Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Waiting For George Lucas To Pass-Away

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Waiting For George Lucas To Pass-Away

LVDave
03.30.2012 , 05:53 AM | #1
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03...-george-lucas/

^

...so I guess we can't make anymore Star Wars movies until George Lucas passes-away? Georgie is QQ'ing b/c some fanboys didn't like his prequels, so now he's rage quitting. Who will take-over the franchise and make more movies??! lol

Rayla_Felana
03.30.2012 , 05:59 AM | #2
Everything he said is perfectly right.

Personally I think the fans were responsible for what happened, why? they forgot who created this wonderful galaxy in the first place, then spat in his face because of making changes to his not their/our dream.

Yes the Prequels weren't that great, the dialogue was horrible, mainly because Lucas did all the writing.

But the Original Trilogy would have been exactly the same if Lucas did all the writing for those to.

Don't bomb on Lucas, bomb on Lawrence, the guy who wrote ESB and whom refused to write the script for the Phantom Menace and following films.

We were all very selfish, and if I were in George's shoes, I'd have done exactly the same thing.

Des_Nova
03.30.2012 , 06:49 AM | #3
I understand his sentiments bit I think I would've phrased it differently if I were GL

Girdeux
03.30.2012 , 06:51 AM | #4
There isnt going to be any more star wars movies, ever. Even after he passes away. His said his put steps in place so no more features will ever be made after he dies.

mefit
03.30.2012 , 07:28 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LVDave View Post

^

...so I guess we can't make anymore Star Wars movies until George Lucas passes-away? Georgie is QQ'ing b/c some fanboys didn't like his prequels, so now he's rage quitting. Who will take-over the franchise and make more movies??! lol
I really find these nasty threads that wish harm on REAL LIFE people to be the upmost saddest threads to ever be allowed on a video game forum.
"So I can enjoy my fantasy I wish harm on those who disturb it"

This kinda posting is the reason why Lucas does not want to make other movies.
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

psandak
03.30.2012 , 07:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
There isnt going to be any more star wars movies, ever. Even after he passes away. His said his put steps in place so no more features will ever be made after he dies.
Even if this was not the case, I do not see any more feature films being made. Why? Because no writer nor director nor producer in their right mind would dare take on the screaming populous. ANYTHING anyone would do, would NEVER live up to our (collective) expectations. Why would anyone put themselves into that situation?

ninjashadowdark
03.30.2012 , 08:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LVDave View Post

^

well its sad because all the new generation dont care or respect the old movies . Sure it was not great sure it was not awsome but its star wars instead of trying to tell him to pass away how about give him some hints to make the movie good... Same with game instead of people rageing go post on the forms for improvements instead of gme is dying and sinking >.>..

Lordgeneral
03.30.2012 , 08:05 AM | #8
With all the technology and ways of communication these days, internet geeks get big headed and think "he can't see me as i'm posting from my computer" and act tough with death threats etc. It's this reason alone why I am always reminded why I hate 90% of the human race.

ninjashadowdark
03.30.2012 , 08:08 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lordgeneral View Post
With all the technology and ways of communication these days, internet geeks get big headed and think "he can't see me as i'm posting from my computer" and act tough with death threats etc. It's this reason alone why I am always reminded why I hate 90% of the human race.
yep i agree it is sad :/

DarthKaratus
03.30.2012 , 08:34 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by rayla_felana View Post
everything he said is perfectly right.

Personally i think the fans were responsible for what happened, why? They forgot who created this wonderful galaxy in the first place, then spat in his face because of making changes to his not their/our dream.

Yes the prequels weren't that great, the dialogue was horrible, mainly because lucas did all the writing.

But the original trilogy would have been exactly the same if lucas did all the writing for those to.

Don't bomb on lucas, bomb on lawrence, the guy who wrote esb and whom refused to write the script for the phantom menace and following films.

We were all very selfish, and if i were in george's shoes, i'd have done exactly the same thing.

this.
TOGRUTAS please?