Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darkness better for leveling through FPs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Darkness better for leveling through FPs?

Rotny
03.30.2012 , 01:07 AM | #1
Heya,

I've been leveling as deception and doing daily FPs along the way, but in flash points the tree seems really weak due to a complete lack of aoe. The one aoe attack we have, Overload, just does very little damage and pisses off people due to the knock back. So, I was wondering if Madness would be a better spec if you're going to be running a lot of fps due to it's aoe? Or am I missing something? I'm totally not opposed to just going tank, but honestly I went into this thinking the dps would be strong in all scenarios. : /

Thx for the replies!

-=edit=- Sry I messed up the thread title. I'm asking about Madness, not Darkness.
Also, someone in another thread mentioned lacerate. What level do you get that and how good is it in pve?

vorgog
03.30.2012 , 05:17 AM | #2
try madness

Eternalnight
03.30.2012 , 05:43 AM | #3
You can't really be a good dps in darkness spec. You would have to be a tank.

Dark charge's discharge requires you to be in dark charge, which would mean you generate extra threat and get aggro all the time, which is not a good thing if you're trying to let someone else do the tanking.

The other AoE Darkness spec gets is wither, which is on the top of the tree, so you can't have it until level 40 at earliest.

Now if you want a dps spec with an extra aoe you can try maddness which has deathfield that you can get a bit lower level.

Also you get your basic aoe attack Lacerate at level 26 which is available to all assassins

Rotny
03.30.2012 , 11:08 AM | #4
Sry, I'm asking about madness vs deception for pve dps and FPs during leveling.
Is one significantly better dps than the other?

Eternalnight
03.30.2012 , 01:01 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotny View Post
Also, someone in another thread mentioned lacerate. What level do you get that and how good is it in pve?
Lacerate
http://www.torhead.com/ability/8UIDcQs/lacerate

Get it at 26 or something

The damage is decent.

It's instant and has no cooldown time so you can use it twice really fast, but after that due to the force cost (40) you'll have to wait a little bit recover some force until you can use it third time.
Still fairly useful...