Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are shadows better than assassins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Are shadows better than assassins?

Benora
03.29.2012 , 09:48 PM | #1
It seems ever time I have a run in with a shadow they hit a little too hard with their rocks. I know they're suppose to have the same skills. But, it seems they always hit way harder than assassins. Am I the only one thinking this?lol

verfallen
03.29.2012 , 09:52 PM | #2
Classes are exact mirror. For the same equipment, Project (the rock) will hit as much as shock.

Damage will vary with how the person is specced however.

Ex chain shock deception with 2 VS done and a crit (50% extra crit damage) or Darkness that procced energize etc.

Benora
03.29.2012 , 10:09 PM | #3
I use to play decep and my shocks never hit that hard. I play a darkness hybrid now. I was way to squishy as deception. If the shadows I've seen are playing the counterpart to deception they are not all the squishy.

BIG_M
03.29.2012 , 10:32 PM | #4
really i play deception spec with chain shock my first shock can crit between 3-4.6k and i've only got full champion with a bm weapon and implants/ear piece and i was hitting that before i hit bm its all about knowing when to use abilites e.g use recklessness then shock and discharge on a opponent.
Harbinger Midian
Arach Allrianne
Krezlarz
Tarhi

ColePomaikai
03.29.2012 , 10:34 PM | #5
I'm a shadow and it's fun to look on the Sin stuff because we say the same about you over there
So many alts I can't list them down here
Mano Legacy

ColePomaikai
03.29.2012 , 10:35 PM | #6
Oh and if there is a yoyo saber that's the deception counterpart but we don't get it until 40ish
So many alts I can't list them down here
Mano Legacy

Benora
03.29.2012 , 10:45 PM | #7
maybe I'm just having a harder time keeping up with my procs. I wish we could use addons like in WOW to let us know when something procs. With the way it is now it's hard to see and keep up with the fight. I'm mostly in champ gear with a few cent pieces

Chadnab
03.29.2012 , 11:31 PM | #8
I've gotten used to looking for my procs and recognizing them but it would be nice to have them a little bigger perhaps. Maybe I'm just getting old and my eyes suck...

But I think BW said they're supposed to be making them more recognizable in 1.2.

jbuschell
03.30.2012 , 06:52 AM | #9
I'm a balance shadow and our projects may seem to hit harder because our projects hang in the air for 1.5 seconds before they hit the target, so I throw a project with force potency and as it hits you if your at 30% health I can hit you with a spinning strike at the same time within the same gcd.

So with me sometimes i like the delay on project and sometimes I wish it was instant like shock
E-Thuggin since 1987

verfallen
03.30.2012 , 07:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jbuschell View Post
I'm a balance shadow and our projects may seem to hit harder because our projects hang in the air for 1.5 seconds before they hit the target, so I throw a project with force potency and as it hits you if your at 30% health I can hit you with a spinning strike at the same time within the same gcd.

So with me sometimes i like the delay on project and sometimes I wish it was instant like shock
Personally as far as animation goes, throwing a giant boulder at someone's face is rather awesome

However I prefer the timing of shock. Between the two, fairly sure the delay will eventually be applied to shock as well tough.

In the end you do the same damage over 2 GCD.