Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security question problems

moiraesfate
12.16.2011 , 06:49 PM | #1
I just got my CE, so I went to my account to try to activate my security code but its asking a question that I never answered before. It tells me that its locked me out because I didn't supply the right answer, so if I log out of the game I'm screwed. How can I give the right answer if its not one of the questions I answered?

So i called and am now stuck in a phone queue. This is a cell phone. I can't sit on here for hours on end waiting.

Btw, the music on the phone call is way too loud. I have to hold it away from my head or I'll go deaf. And thats with volume all the way down.

Fix this please.

moiraesfate
12.17.2011 , 12:27 AM | #2
Ok, I've tried two different times to get through. You really need to hire some temps for a while. This security question thing is idiotic. I'm sure other people have talked to you about it, and it should have been fixed by now.

I don't see why it should be so difficult to reset my security questions and password.

DJClicheDarkness
12.20.2011 , 03:40 AM | #3
I'm right there with you. I can't add my authenticator because I can't answer the security question that I never set up. I have called and was on hold for 1.5 hours, multiple times.

The message in the beginning said that the issue is fixed, and that we should just log in and change our security questions, but the problem is that I need to answer the security question before I can change the security questions. -.-

Would be awesome if they could get back to us...

renegadeimp
12.20.2011 , 03:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by moiraesfate View Post
Ok, I've tried two different times to get through. You really need to hire some temps for a while. This security question thing is idiotic. I'm sure other people have talked to you about it, and it should have been fixed by now.

I don't see why it should be so difficult to reset my security questions and password.
There is no problem with the SQA system. The devs even made an official announcement that there arent any problems and that every issue that they have seen and replied to has been user error. Be it not filling in each question, the account holder not remembering their answers, or simply not inputting the answers in right.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

webbington
12.20.2011 , 03:45 AM | #5
This is honestly ridiculous. This link - http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2575 - clearly states that you should be able to e-mail their support team with picture ID attached and have your security questions reset. I did exactly as that page said, and got a response 4 days after I originally sent the e-mail saying that I had to call their customer support (lol) line to reset my questions.

Now I get to wait in the phone queue for 8 hours. Yay!

renegadeimp
12.20.2011 , 03:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by webbington View Post
This is honestly ridiculous. This link - http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2575 - clearly states that you should be able to e-mail their support team with picture ID attached and have your security questions reset. I did exactly as that page said, and got a response 4 days after I originally sent the e-mail saying that I had to call their customer support (lol) line to reset my questions.

Now I get to wait in the phone queue for 8 hours. Yay!
Exagerrate much? The help centre atricle i wrong. They've already stated this, and are working to fix it. If you have lost access to your account, you can try a password reset, or call support. Once you get access back, answer every question with something you will remember.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

brbchores
12.20.2011 , 03:57 AM | #7
Guys, I know it sucks but just keep calling. Let it go through when the woman says all of the people are currently unavailable. and wait for the menu. Then press the numbers, 2, 2, and 5. You'll be put in a Queue, granted the wait times will be VERY long. I waited for a total 11.5 hours before i talked to someone, once i talked to him. It took me around 3 minutes to be up and running! oh and when u get it. Take a screenshot of your questions so this never happens again!

dronepilot
12.20.2011 , 04:09 AM | #8
11 hrs on the phone ? - hate to see your phone bill

moiraesfate
12.20.2011 , 11:05 AM | #9
We were asked 5 questions. If I can't answer one, why can't I ask it to give me to the next question? Every other game on the market has that ability, but this one? Why then was I asked 5 questions?

I love this company, and this game, but this is ridiculous.

I am NOT going to spend 11 hours on the phone. Especially since my home phone is my cell phone and my cell phone has limits. Not to mention, I work for a living on the phone taking phone calls for a hotel company. I loath the phone at the best of times after doing this for 3 years, and I will be very happy if I never have to use it again.

Let me add that I did eventually get in today, because I started looking up the names of types of cars on the net, and entering them as a guess. One of them worked.