Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

whats wrong with my computer

krekka
03.29.2012 , 06:38 PM | #1
So since the launch of this game my fps has been all over the place most noticeably in the fleet/warzones. I really enjoy this game but the fps issues im having is making this game unplayable is there anything i can upgrade that would help solve this issue?

Dx Diag:
Spoiler

if i can post anything else pls tell I would love to be able this play this game without the low fps.

SirSensi
03.29.2012 , 06:57 PM | #2
Hey there,

Try updating your graphics card driver to the Signed Beta driver that nVidia released on 3/13.

Also, you can change your graphics settings.

From the character select screen, press the preferences settings button (looks like gears or something).

In the graphics options, set the graphics preset from your current configuration, to very low. Press apply.

Then set it back to your current configuration (be it low, med, or high) and press apply.

Then from this point you can set other options like turning off AA in the game (actually reccommended by other players, tbh) and have it forced on through the NCP.
Turn on V-Sync.
Turn off shadows.
Turn off bloom.

Apply the settings and see how it works for your fps in game by loading in fully.

Hope this helps.
SQUADRON 238 |Beta Tester|
< The Trichome Legacy >

Sensi

Grooz
03.29.2012 , 07:25 PM | #3
your system specs look fine, there won't be any cheap upgrades that will make a major difference...

turning off shadows and bloom will probably help, but i doubt your cpu, gpu, or ram are under major stress.

The best suggestion i could make is going up to 8gb ram assuming you haven't used all your slots, and trying the ramdrive trick for the temp files and effects files. There are fundamental flaws in the engine that don't lend themselves to high performance in warzones, however.

krekka
03.29.2012 , 07:57 PM | #4
So theres nothing i can do? I tried sirs tips and got a very small fps increase but in the fleet and warzones it still plummets to (10-15 in the ald warzone) it generally stays around 20-30 in huttball

SirSensi
03.29.2012 , 08:47 PM | #5
Since your comp pretty much meets and even to some degree exceeds the requirements, other than clearing your machine out with a can of compressed air, only other thing is to upgrade your ram to 8gb.

You can try one more thing that may help.

Open up your windows explorer type in %appdata% in the address bar, hit enter (or return). In that folder, there is a folder called Local, open that then, find the SWTOR folder, open it and in that folder will be swtor (so it looks like: Local/SWTOR/swtor/settings)
In the settings folder, there are 2 files that are of interest graphics_mirror.ini and client_settings.ini

Remove those two files and place them on your desktop, make sure you are not currently running swtor or the launcher.

Then, once they are on the desktop, launch the game.
The launcher/game WILL replace those files, so dont worry about it.

Once ingame, do the settings for the graphics that I had mentioned in my previous post.

You can delete the files you placed on the desktop.

(sorry for the response being jumbled/late, posting from a cell phone)
SQUADRON 238 |Beta Tester|
< The Trichome Legacy >

Sensi

blessedswine
03.29.2012 , 09:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by krekka View Post
So theres nothing i can do? I tried sirs tips and got a very small fps increase but in the fleet and warzones it still plummets to (10-15 in the ald warzone) it generally stays around 20-30 in huttball

sounds to me that you have something running in the backround using a **** ton of resources. i have a lower spec'd laptop and on medium settings i run 24-34 fps in everything except fleet fleet is 15-20 but i have next to nothing running beside antivirus, and advanced system care 5.. i would suggest check out what you have running may have to much "crap"

Kyuuu
03.29.2012 , 09:25 PM | #7
Its not your computer. It is the games engine and how terrible un optimized it is. there are peopel with higher end computer then you that will atest to this. again its the games engine that needs to be optimised. it not your computer

RicoFrost
03.29.2012 , 09:38 PM | #8
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3087-5.html

Here are some benchmarks you can compare with.
Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 8.1-64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Corsair Force 3 SSD 128GB
Gigabyte GTX780 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

My Custom UI - http://www.swtorui.com/downloads/info81-XpellUI.html

Grooz
03.29.2012 , 09:39 PM | #9
warzones are a problem for almost everyone, besides a few specific configurations (i.e. $2000 computers and $800 computers will perform identically) that happen to perform particularly well.

RicoFrost
03.29.2012 , 09:44 PM | #10
Here is what I get on my system

Intel i5 750 (@4Ghz) Cooler master V8 heatsink
Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3 - Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB
Gigabyte GTX570 SuperOC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor
8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit

AA is set to Multisample

[Renderer]
AntiAliasingLevel = 4
Buckets = 3
doShadows = false
doBlobShadows = false
D3DFullScreen = true
DynamicLightsLimit = 4
FarClipScale = 3.9371195
GraphicsDeviceId = 4230
Height = 1080
MeshLODQuality = 1
NativeHeight = 1080
NativeWidth = 1920
PlantDensity = 80
RefreshRate = 120
TextureAnisotropy = 16
Width = 1920
WindowX = 0
WindowY = 0
TextureQuality = 0
ShaderSet = 9
VerticalSyncState = true
DebugAdvEnviroLighting = true
enableadvenvirolighting = true
EnableBloom = true

[Game]
MoviesFolder = ..\..\Movies
SwtorRegKey = SOFTWARE\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Solo in the world
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7...2033006251.jpg

WZ
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4...2033006351.jpg

Not saying the game is perfect but I have it running well on my system.

Fleet can be a little funny with fps it will just drop but in wz and out in the world it seems to be fine for me.
Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 8.1-64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Corsair Force 3 SSD 128GB
Gigabyte GTX780 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

My Custom UI - http://www.swtorui.com/downloads/info81-XpellUI.html