Can't beat lord Ganarog

Armargis

I am a level 41 Carnage Marauder, most all of my gear is orange with the mods up to date. I am not a bad player (in my opinion). I keybind and use my buffs including my heroic moment, even use a Str stim. I am using a fully geared Malavai Quinn. No matter what I do he just burns through me like nothing. None of the other battles have been a problem yet, but I just cant seem to beat him. Any tips? Should I level up? Do pvp?

I just hit that fight myself and am having the same issue. I can get him down to about a third of his hit points, but the guy is just a beast for my Mara. My gear isn't perfect, so I'm looking into beefing that up, but I definitely think that I need another level or two and maybe spec out of Carnage ...

I remember that fight, in the gauntlet where you meet Lord Draahg.

Honestly, this fight was a breeze for me, but I was also specced Annihilation. Most advice I can give is that Quinn tends to work best if you cycle CD's, but you can try using another companion to share the damage.

that was the elite in darth vengeans chambers wasn't it?

if so i found him to be pretty easy even compared to those

nasty champion aspirants with their wrecking death fields.

i am a vengeance jugg and he could barely out-dps quinns

heals for me. as a marauder with cloak of pain up 50% of the

time i think it should be even easier.

your lvl seems about right for that area since i recall not having

intimidating roar myself when doing this (so < lvl 42).

i can't remember him having any serious casts/channels but

look out for anything like that to interrupt.

by the end of chapter 2 the game really starts demanding you

to keep an eye on the enemies casts and use of your interrupts

and CC's accordingly in solo pve.

iirc he was more a tank-type encounter taking way less dmg

than everything else in that area but dishing out less too.

as a carnage mara gore is key to this fight. maybe have a

second look on your rotation? and if everything else fails

just get one or two more lvls, because pve difficulty drops

dramatically as you outlvl the mobs. (which is why i try to

always be the same lvl or one lvl below the mobs since

its making the fights way more fun)

He's the Sith Juggernaut, right? The one meditating in the middle of the force field? He's got wicked damage reduction (in Soresu form).

If that's the one, I agree he's pretty tough. More difficult than the final fight.

If I recall correctly, I tried Jaesa, then Quinn...nothing worked. So I reasoned that I needed something in between DPS and a squishy healer. So I brought Broonmark in to tank.

Try Broonmark. Since you've just recently got him, his gear is decent enough. While he tanks, go nova on the Sith. Be sure Broon is in tanking mode.

Edited by Cerion

I took him down pretty easy. I had Quinn with me and I started to fight him and throw everything I have. You might start with Force Choke. Then use Obfuscate to reduce his DMG output. Then pop your defnsive abilities Saber Ward and Cloack of Pain. After Saber Ward vanishes use Call on the Force so you can pop Saber Ward once again immediately. Thorw some DPS on him and use a heal stim if necessary. By the time you should be able to use Force Choke once again.

What also helps is to run around and let you companion do some DMG on him (since he is melee you won't take any DMG - you can also do this to compansate some CDs).

Using all this made the fight extremely easy.

I am a level 41 Carnage Marauder, most all of my gear is orange with the mods up to date.

Not sure why you're having such a difficult time at level 41, I did this fight at level 37 with Quinn.

As with any boss fight, interrupt is your best friend.

Do you have Quinn in Cunning gear??

What type of gear modifications are YOU wearing?

Just trying to pinpoint your problem.

• 1 year later...
I took him down pretty easy. I had Quinn with me and I started to fight him and throw everything I have. You might start with Force Choke. Then use Obfuscate to reduce his DMG output. Then pop your defnsive abilities Saber Ward and Cloack of Pain. After Saber Ward vanishes use Call on the Force so you can pop Saber Ward once again immediately. Thorw some DPS on him and use a heal stim if necessary. By the time you should be able to use Force Choke once again.

What also helps is to run around and let you companion do some DMG on him (since he is melee you won't take any DMG - you can also do this to compansate some CDs).

Using all this made the fight extremely easy.

Thank you! Butchered him in no time like this!

• 1 month later...

I have Treek, is it better to use her as a tank or healer? (i'm marauder)

Edit: just done it with little to no problems with treek...

[Protip] if u get in trouble use force camouflage so he will go after treek who can resist a lot of beating (if properly geared) even in healing stance ;)

Edited by Deathstingg