Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Joys of SOA

Merraith
03.30.2012 , 11:54 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Hassansinated View Post
@Marraith

The majority of my guild have had our infernal titles for almost a month now and have dealt with countless bugs and bug 'fixes'. Why are people unable to accept something the way it is (the bugs and the ways to deal with them) and blindly dispute facts because they don't have firsthand knowledge (of the bugs themselves let alone how to get around them)?
That's fantastic. We also have been clearing it for months and have our Infernal titles as well. I'm not sitting here saying that bugs don't exist, only that literally other than dealing with floor pieces missing the first week or two 3 months ago...the only "bug" that people bring up that we've dealt with on Soa is lightning balls getting off that extra shock seemingly when they shouldn't be (and even this is only an issue on Nightmare).

I'm not disputing the "facts" that other guilds run into issues, I'm only stating that we've been doing it the same way for 3 months, with 1 tank, and don't have any of these issues week after week. Pretty much every issue people bring up certainly seems to be controllable by actions you take as a raid.

I understand it's frustrating for people, but people stating it's pure RNG and any run without experience bugs is just "lucky" are not stating the facts.

Ossian_Mills
03.30.2012 , 09:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Klynt View Post
I think they should just add a conversation when you first attack him:

"Mortals, dare you face me in combat or would you like to see how lucky you'll be?"
Option 1 - Fight him as normal
Option 2 - He makes everyone in group /roll, if everyone rolls over 80 he dies.

As that is generally how the fight goes.

It's more like a game of chance than an actual fight as if you get the right amount of luck it's a dead easy fight.

Rolled 100 - Both healers were not assigned lightning balls at same time
Rolled 100 - Any character was not immediately picked up and thrown through the air to their death, the second after they popped their ball.
Rolled 100 - Someone was not picked up into the air immediately after their ball spawned resulting in it running loose around the room.
Rolled 100 - Battle Rez will work if you try to use it.
Rolled 100 - Lightening balls will all have labels when they spawn so you can actually see which are live and which are the mass of dead ones.
Rolled 100 - During any movement phase all platforms spawned correctly
Rolled 100 - Soa will join you in phase 3 rather than not turning up at all (not happened for a while).
Rolled 100 - Soa will not randomly despawn during the 3rd phase
Rolled 100 - The game will actually register that he died (killed him 7 times and still have the 'Defeat Soa' quest).
yeah and mer must always roll 100 with his guild.... they are the luckiest people ever

Merraith
03.31.2012 , 12:05 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ossian_Mills View Post
yeah and mer must always roll 100 with his guild.... they are the luckiest people ever
That must be it. I'm sure we're the only guild that kills him with no trouble every week who chuckle hearing it's "all RNG".

NotDonnaReed
03.31.2012 , 04:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Merraith View Post
I understand it's frustrating for people, but people stating it's pure RNG and any run without experience bugs is just "lucky" are not stating the facts.
I'm sure you're correct that skill and experience can compensate for these bugs, but the fact remains that this is production, not beta, and we shouldn't still be dealing with bugs after 3 months.