Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lack of PvE content in 1.2?

utuwer
03.29.2012 , 04:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TascaFH View Post
Overall SWTOR is a game built for the casual raider with some limited harder options available. What kills it most for the high end raiders is the avalanche of loot per boss, which I love. Who wants to grind out a boss for 6 weeks only to have that 1 item never drop, or have it only drop once when 4 people need it? It's not the amount of PVE available, it's the amount of loot per boss that is making people leave. While I am all in favor of the loot tables as they stand, the bottom line is they enable too many people to get too much gear too fast and then, with all their pretty purples, people get bored and leave.
This still better than AION where you run through an instance (Fire Temple in AION's 1st 4 months) hundred times for several months and nothing drops for you. And nothing means NO LOOT at all.

Elfstrom
03.29.2012 , 04:51 PM | #22
Quote:
I want to say that healers in PvP are OP. They can easily send themselves from 30% to 80% with just 2 casts. I had an instance on Ilum where I was fighting with my friend who is a healer with me as a DPS and we encountered 2 players who were also 1 heals and 1 DPS. Honestly, I kept hammering his healer and the other was hammering mine and the fight went on for literally 3 minutes back and forth while the healers could just restore to max hp with just 2 casts.
no offense.. but keep YOUR pvp out of my pve!

they are not the first devs that struggeling hard, when it comes to balance pve and pvp. so as we can read in the patchnotes they will fail pretty hard.. for my as a merc-heal: instead of changing the survivability of the class, they crippling my ressourcemanagement to death! but hey, there are enough threads about that.

Brimmer
03.29.2012 , 05:06 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Centerpin View Post
I just wanted to see other peoples opinions on this topic, to be honest I'm kind of worried about this "patch" being enough for the dedicated raiding guilds to stick it out. I would hate to see guilds die out due to the lack of content for us to be busy with.

Constructive opinions are welcomed.
Having raiders quit is zero issue at all.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Rotoroot
03.29.2012 , 05:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
Disagree completely.

The-Vortex
03.29.2012 , 05:15 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
You say this, but the same thing can be said about PvPers, at least then we wouldn't get class breaking changes when it comes to PvE every patch.

But OT: I'm not too worried, as far as I know, this is only the first half of tier 2. The rest should be coming in 1.3, along with Nightmare mode a month or so after if they are to be believed when they say the gap between 1.2 and 1.3 will be smaller.

alifaraaz
03.29.2012 , 05:31 PM | #26
If they genuinely do release lots of little raids over a few big raids every say 2-3 months, Im happy. Infact I prefer it, sort of.

But these things always get delayed...I'm unwilling to trust anything that they claim right now :P Not a hater or anything, rather I don't get my hopes up too much, as it avoids the massive disappointment afterwards xD

And on the off chance that they do deliver good quality raids every 3 months with 4-5 bosses, I will be over the moon ^^

Elfstrom
03.30.2012 , 03:25 AM | #27
lowered expectations i'll call this...

not only bw/ea's fault..

Farmbuyer
03.31.2012 , 11:35 AM | #28
Frankly, if patch 1.2 does nothing more than fix the current glaring bugs, that'd be enough to keep me around for another content patch cycle. Plenty of alts to level.

Dee-Jay
03.31.2012 , 03:59 PM | #29
I've been asking myself the same question.

Essentially we'll be replacing 2 raid-instances with 1 raid-instance for our regular raiding schedule and run rated warzones instead of regular warzones.

At the end of the day, I imagine 1.2 will offer even less incentive to play than we currently have.

While I'm sure people will gladly chance after the newest carrots early on, the novelty will wear off quickly.

That's the problem with theme-park MMOs in today's world. There is no reasonable way to create enough content to keep modern MMO players saturated. We need more sandbox environments that keep us playing beyond the 2 weekly raid-nights.

ViperI
03.31.2012 , 04:06 PM | #30
Guilds will always consume content faster than the devs can create it. So is this patch enough? Nope, but then again, it will never be "enough." No matter what Bioware, or any MMO developer does, there will be guilds that complete the content in a week, 2 weeks, a month, whatever and the be asking for more. But the fact remains, it takes them longer than that to make the content.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite