Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lack of PvE content in 1.2?

Centerpin
03.29.2012 , 03:01 PM | #1
I just wanted to see other peoples opinions on this topic, to be honest I'm kind of worried about this "patch" being enough for the dedicated raiding guilds to stick it out. I would hate to see guilds die out due to the lack of content for us to be busy with.

Constructive opinions are welcomed.
Centerpin GM of Reign
╼⇥≪ Reign ≫⇤╾
8 man Progression Guild (West)

Cbrinegar
03.29.2012 , 03:10 PM | #2
you do realize that just because of the sheer nature of your post your about to hear people use the "its only a 3 month old game" right?

be prepared is all im saying...
Eriad - 50 Hybrid Pyro Power Tech

Centerpin
03.29.2012 , 03:15 PM | #3
I understand that I would like to discuss it is what I was getting at

and with it being 3 months old and all the content done 2 months ago is another issue.
Centerpin GM of Reign
╼⇥≪ Reign ≫⇤╾
8 man Progression Guild (West)

Battilea
03.29.2012 , 03:15 PM | #4
Well, as long as people complain about the stuff on test being hard and that's without the nightmare mode being in yet, I believe, it should keep people busy for a bit. But if it is another only 1 or 2 hour raid, well...

That said, while it gives some raiding stuff, I'm actually more worried about the lack of single group incentive. One new HM. Okay, some group dailies, but, quite frankly, I'm dailied out already and the majority of that is single group stuff.

The reason single group content matters to me is because that is something social you can run every day. Without a reason to do things like that, well, I've seen it in other games. People start to log on only for raids. Then they find something else to do those nights they don't log on. And then they quit logging in even for raids, as that something else becomes what they do.

Dramion
03.29.2012 , 03:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Centerpin View Post
I just wanted to see other peoples opinions on this topic, to be honest I'm kind of worried about this "patch" being enough for the dedicated raiding guilds to stick it out. I would hate to see guilds die out due to the lack of content for us to be busy with.

Constructive opinions are welcomed.
He does have a point, only 1 new operation that has story mode, hard mode, then what for pve op guilds? Run the content over and over for another 3 months?

Make some alts and use the legacy system that can only be used during heroic moment.

Hopefully it does not hurt them in the long run.

pure_laced
03.29.2012 , 03:21 PM | #6
Currently, no guild has downed a single boss on hard mode in the new Op to my knowledge. Some guilds have gotten close, but nothing yet. Tuning is very tight and honestly, it is extremely enjoyable because there is a difficulty level in place that makes you want to come back for more punishment.

While there are only 4 encounters, they did say the time between 1.2 and 1.3 should be shorter. IMHO, any content is a welcome change from KP/EV every week.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Seront
03.29.2012 , 03:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Battilea View Post
Well, as long as people complain about the stuff on test being hard and that's without the nightmare mode being in yet, I believe, it should keep people busy for a bit. But if it is another only 1 or 2 hour raid, well...

That said, while it gives some raiding stuff, I'm actually more worried about the lack of single group incentive. One new HM. Okay, some group dailies, but, quite frankly, I'm dailied out already and the majority of that is single group stuff.

The reason single group content matters to me is because that is something social you can run every day. Without a reason to do things like that, well, I've seen it in other games. People start to log on only for raids. Then they find something else to do those nights they don't log on. And then they quit logging in even for raids, as that something else becomes what they do.

Well, the plan, if you believe the torhead leaked patch notes which now seem at least possible, it seems bioware intends to release a new op with every major patch. I.e., 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 will all come with a new op (and potentially some new warzones and FPs). Bioware has stated they intend to keep the time between patches shorter than it was between 1.1 and 1.2, which was extra long due to them needing to get a lot of mechanics in that should've been in at launch. 1.1 came out around 2-3 weeks into January. So, if we can get a new op every 2 months or so? Well.. I can hardly complain, even if there are only 4 bosses.

bigheadbrandon
03.29.2012 , 03:35 PM | #8
for the record they said the time between 1.2 and 1.3 will be shorter than 1.1 to 1.2...

Valan
03.29.2012 , 03:38 PM | #9
4 bosses on a 3 month cycle is preferred vs 8 bosses on a 9-12 month cycle
Tactician, Operative of Rapture
a 16 player Operations guild on The Shadowlands

SinisterSniper
03.29.2012 , 03:47 PM | #10
dont forget that there is a world boss too. 5 day cooldown (1 day respawn so most decent raiding guilds can get it done)