Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JPLaro
03.29.2012 , 02:49 PM | #1
Hi, it is possible to turn off the security key?

Thank you!

Beruthien
03.29.2012 , 02:51 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings JPLaro,

The Security Key can be removed from your account by contacting our phone support. You are able to re-attach the Key in the future if you wish by going through "My Account" on the website.

I hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

EquinoxDK
03.29.2012 , 03:09 PM | #3
Is there any plans for removing the need to call customer support to remove/change security key details. Being in a country with no toll free number really makes the prospect of calling a international number daunting to say the least. At 0.30€ per minute (My rate to the UK) the wait in the queue could easily become very costly.

Best regards

Beruthien
03.29.2012 , 03:16 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings EquinoxDK,

At this time this change has not been announced, when and if this changes this information would be posted on our website.

At the moment when calling from a country with no free number we would recommend using VOIP software as other users have found this cheaper than using normal phone.

I hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

TruSkye
03.29.2012 , 11:01 PM | #5
Is it possible to get a key fob and change the key on the account from the ipad app to a key chain/fob??? And were could I buy a key fob security key?

Ratae
03.29.2012 , 11:20 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings TruSkye,

Yes it is possible to transfer from a digital to a physical security key.
You can buy the physical key from Origin’s website http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_...60100/sac.true.

When you get it, you would first need to contact our Customer Support to get them to remove the link to your present digital key (if indeed you have one) – you will then be able to add the physical key online to your account.
You can find full details on how to do this here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2201

Hope this answers your questions.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support