Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Assassin, requesting build ideas.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
New Assassin, requesting build ideas.

Sam_Doe
03.29.2012 , 02:02 PM | #1
I just made an Assassin and I haven't decided on a spec/build yet. I'm totally new to The Old Republic so I'm not sure what works well for which play style. I used to tank a little in WoW on a warrior and occasionally a bear, but I don't know how the Assassin style compares to those. I'm also interested in just doing regular DPS to level, but I'm not sure which tree to spec into. I've heard some bad things about Deception, but it looks interesting. I don't really know anything about Madness, so I can't make a judgement. Could I get some suggestions on what spec to go with for leveling? I'll worry about endgame stuff once I've gotten to 50. Thanks in advance!

Also: If anyone is interested in leveling with me, I'm on the Telos Restoration Project.

TheZen
03.29.2012 , 02:11 PM | #2
Take a look at the Assassin Codex for a general idea on what each talent tree does.

There's some suggested builds but obviously you can play around with that once you know the class a little more.

In my opinion, all specs are pretty good at leveling. Madness spec doesnt really kick in until level 20-30 while deception has it pretty easy going from the getco. I dont know about darkness spec but I'm assuming it's the same as other tank class; pretty easy once you get a dps companion and steam roll through most of the content. (this is based on my experience with my juggernaut)