Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Raise Server Population Caps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Raise Server Population Caps

Jaku
12.16.2011 , 07:11 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BillEverson View Post
if nothing else, how about a DEVELOPER WITH A SAC man up and explain a) why there are queues, b) what they plan to do about it and c) why they haven't done it yet.

They have a day or two more of this **** before I cancel. I didn't pay $60 to sit at my desk for 2 hours and refresh forums repeatedly while not being allowed to use the product I paid for.

Bioware, I love this game, please, for the LOVE OF GOD, don't **** this up.
I could answer those questions.

a) There are queues because a mass amount of people are all trying to get on the same servers. This is why so many MMO launches have this problem. Unless of course you're a west coast PvPer, then you don't have much of a choice.

b) They will most likely add more severs and increase the cap on the previous ones.

c) These things take a bit of time, we only started having these insane queues, at least on US servers, for only 12 hours.
"Your chances come in two shapes. Slim, and fat." - Mace Windu

Quote:
This is a story driven story.

Romiz
12.16.2011 , 07:11 PM | #22
Raising caps will only make for tons of problem. A server can only hold so many account at a time. Going over that will crash the server or very bad lag.

stephenjohnp
12.16.2011 , 07:13 PM | #23
AWFUL idea.

Jaku
12.16.2011 , 07:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
Raising caps will only make for tons of problem. A server can only hold so many account at a time. Going over that will crash the server or very bad lag.
Unless the cap is placed lower than what the server can actually handle, which is usually the case.

Quote:

DarthKaldriss
12.16.2011 , 07:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Danetrain View Post
And please let people have have been disconnected or their game client crashes jump ahead of the queue when they try to reconnect within a few minutes.

It's not my fault the game is crashing to desktop every few hours. I'd rather not be punished with a 1.5 hour queue every time it happens.
I so approve of this post.
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun !!

BradFett
12.16.2011 , 07:13 PM | #26
This is now the official queue *****fest thread, in case you didn't know.
Deltron ThunderforceBH Mercenary Iron Citadel
<Black Templars>
"Runnin amuck with technology with no apology"

Burchan
12.16.2011 , 07:13 PM | #27
They could at the very least add a couple PvP servers.

Jalden
12.16.2011 , 07:14 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
QFT!

And if they start enough new servers to have no queues at all now, they will have too many half empty servers later.

Why? Because people play at lot more directly at launch than later. To have a proper population when the game settles down they must accept overload now.

Vidos
12.16.2011 , 07:16 PM | #29
then what ever the case... Add more servers... They know how many pre - orders they have. They should AT THE VERY LEAST have enough gosh darn room for them, but what ever. they got more important things to do than answer to us. or even than to let us know whats going on... We are miniscule compared to them. We mean nothing... Oh wait... We are there customers and pay there pay checks ? Well they should Step up to the plate

Jaku
12.16.2011 , 07:17 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jalden View Post
QFT!

And if they start enough new servers to have no queues at all now, they will have too many half empty servers later.

Why? Because people play at lot more directly at launch than later. To have a proper population when the game settles down they must accept overload now.
You either add new servers for the worry that a wave of new people come in, or you do as you suggested and have a heavy population after some subs die out.

Either way it's an extremely hard balancing act to make.

Quote: