Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future playable species

ikaraii
03.29.2012 , 03:15 PM | #11
My one wish for a new playable species is Nautolan. I've seen several of them around (both male and female), I was gutted that they weren't one of the 'unlocked' Legacy races.

Same for the Cathar and Voss. I would like to see those made playable too, but they don't even touch the sexy Nautolans!
Thoth - OperativeScarab - Juggernaut
Ikarai - AssassinHor'us - Bounty Hunter

Rehneu
03.29.2012 , 03:17 PM | #12
I just want to be able to play a squid.

Bodaciousbaconn
03.29.2012 , 05:02 PM | #13
Well, Jedi Academy had the Kel Dor speak Basic, so yeah....

C'MON BIOWARE! GIMME MY ORANGE ALIENS!
Quote: Originally Posted by befear View Post
Even in life you do dailies.

CJ_SAX_MAN
03.30.2012 , 02:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
Then there's speaking basic, and the stories themselves. If I made a Trandoshan Smuggler, and there is one point in the Smuggler story where I was intercepted by some bounty hunters referring to me as an "easy target". A Trandoshan being an easy target? Then there's the whole thing about excluding them from romances, speaking basic... I think it's too much work for too little reward.
Now seeing a Trandoshan kiss a humaniod female would be hilarious, her all getting up on that lizard mouth. Though I am sure intimacy would be difficult as certain body parts might be rough, scaly, and sharp.
Sarthist, Jedi Guardian Guild: Inferno Server: The Fatman
Please help me get Bioware to make my guide into a "sticky"
Guide for players on weak computers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383030

Meira_Arirai
03.31.2012 , 07:58 PM | #15
It's hilarious enough that Cathar faces are just dissimilar enough in shape to more fully human-like ones (and the standard handful of kissing animations weren't modified to compensate) that the makeout scenes for female troopers consist of torrid, sexy nose-kissing.

Don't even get me started on the other weird situations I get into, headcanon-wise, by trying to figure out how similar Cathar are to terrestrial felines.
Massani Legacy, Ebon Hawk
More early Star Wars geekery at KotOR/SWtOR

-kobie-
03.31.2012 , 08:04 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Bodaciousbaconn View Post
Well, Jedi Academy had the Kel Dor speak Basic, so yeah....

C'MON BIOWARE! GIMME MY ORANGE ALIENS!
There's a Kel Dor on Taris who speaks Basic. He's at Outpost Draay, I think.
Barrahm/Loora/Tylarr
The Arkanus Legacy
The Harbinger

Morticoccus
03.31.2012 , 09:21 PM | #17
There are some alien species that would be simple to add, like Zeltrons.

Then there are others that only need a full set of hi-res animations (If that, they may have them already) Togruta and Nautolans. They will probably add togruta in some expansion further along.

My dream species would be Kel Dor however, I've always liked them.
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

RioNHale
04.01.2012 , 03:56 PM | #18
I really dont see why bioware wont put a larger variety of PLAYABLE species like yoda's or wookies.

This is an MMO and even more so it is a STAR WARS mmo, a universe packed with characters of all shapes and sizes, most people who watched the first cgi trailer for TOR had expectations of a vast world where you could play as anything, do anything you wanted from the star wars lore.

Ive never played world of warcraft but im well aware of the variety of characters in it, yoda I guess would be the equivelant of a dwarf-type (speaking character height/design wise) why would it be so hard to put them as playable characters?

It would be amazing, instead of seeing humans in different custom skins with slight alterations, the most exotic atm being twileks who lets face is are just humans from japanse **** (i kid i kid).

1 of kotor's biggest strengths imo was when you could switch to the perspective of your companion, this was because it was so cool how you could really feel you were playing as an astro droid or playing as zaalbar the wookie or even hk-47 himself, the variety rocked hardcore, and if they put a crossbow wielding wookie class into TOR id start one immediatly and play it to 50 as a main character, and I can promise you im not alone.

https://bk4goa.bay.livefilestore.com...0FLU%20006.jpg

Oh Damn I mean imagine playing a a dark side wookie Powertech, would be f-ing kickass awesome!
and dont worry too much about the vioce acting, im sure they could spam bear sounds over with subtitles and we wouldnt mind too much. *mrrrraaaaawrrrrrrr rrrr*

p.s
And just fyi, I really loved the whole idea behind the pureblood sith, they are by far the best species in the game at the moment, but star wars has a lot more to offer that bioware and ea arent taking into account yet.

RioNHale
04.01.2012 , 04:05 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CJ_SAX_MAN View Post
it's too bad we can't have our own HK unit or something. Could imagine the story, you are created and sent to serve someone as a battle droid, or bodyguard, or maybe even the assassin droid, but through some mysterious technology put in you, you develop artificial intelligence to the point of being independent, you then are like the Galaxies first sentient droid. probably a bit corny though :/ HK-47 was already something more advanced than any droid ever made in the star wars universe, even during the movies, if any droid could have achieved all that, it would have been him.
Spolier alert:

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leak-1.3

agreed its a shame we cant play as a HK, but at least we get this.^
Rionhale, Sorcerer|Tentacruel, Shadow

CJ_SAX_MAN
04.02.2012 , 02:59 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by RioNHale View Post
Spolier alert:

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leak-1.3

agreed its a shame we cant play as a HK, but at least we get this.^
I think i nearly had a nerdgasm
Sarthist, Jedi Guardian Guild: Inferno Server: The Fatman
Please help me get Bioware to make my guide into a "sticky"
Guide for players on weak computers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383030