Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crash + game launcher isn't working

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Crash + game launcher isn't working
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tehknophile
03.29.2012 , 01:08 AM | #1
The game suddenly exited to server selection and then quit. After entering my login info the launcher has a long delay and finally returns with a message "Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection" and doesn't go any further.
Clearly it isn't a network issue as I'm currently writing this post...

I have checked my account status (in good standing), and server status (all servers are up).

Can't get far enough in the launcher to run a repair.
Any ideas?

Beesodd
03.29.2012 , 01:10 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings tehknophile,

Please re-enter your email address into the launcher, and try again. If this does not work, please try resetting your password. If the issue still persists, please run the fixlauncher.exe that can be found in the game folder.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

xxzennxx
03.29.2012 , 01:16 AM | #3
this may also be a comcast internet issue if you have them as an ISP. this happened to a bunch of us with comcast earlier this week.
"There is always a dark side, to even the brightest light.

tehknophile
03.29.2012 , 05:01 AM | #4
thanks for the tips. I don't use comcast but I am starting to wonder if my ISP is employing some sort of bandwidth limiting that is causing the issue. I reset my internet equipment the first time and it took longer than expected to reconnect. I was able to play for a while again, but I was DC'd again just now.