1.2 PvP 31/0/10 Tankassin Compendium *IN PROGRESS*

dksocal

Introduction

Sup you backstabbing filthy animals,

I wanted to start a 1.2 PvP Tankassin Compendium similar to that of the PvE Compendium already written. For starters, I'm in no way God's gift to PvP or the Assassin AC, but I do fairly well for myself and believe I have a solid understanding of the class, its fundamentals and the nuances.

For starters, I recommend this site to check your current stats, future stats with new gear, as well as trying new builds:

At present, due to lack of an API, the builder is FULLY MANUAL but it has quite a lot of bells and whistles and a pretty slick interface.

The Armory

As near as I can tell, to get the best of both worlds, we're going to have to gear with survivor gear and build DPS stats into it. To my knowledge, shields, and therefore their stats will continue to fall well short of their usefulness in PvP as is the current train of thought.

In addition, it appears the set bonuses have remained the same so building a survivor is still beneficial.

The armor set is as follows:

Armor Pieces

5 x
War Hero Survivor

War Hero Force-Mystic's Cuffs

War Hero Force-Mystic's Sash

Armor Mods

5 x
War Hero's Aptitude Mod 26B

Armor Enhancements

5 x
War Hero's Assault Enhancement 26

Implants

2 x
War Hero Force-healer's MK-1 System

Ear Piece

--
War Hero Force-healer's MK-1 Relay

Main Hand

--
War Hero Stalker's Saberstaff

Main Hand Mod

--
War Hero's Mettle Mod 26

Main Hand Enhancement

--
War Hero's Wily Enhancement 26

Off Hand

--
War Hero Force-Master's Focus

Conclusion

This is a ROUGH outline built around the same ideas of my current gearing. This does not take into account the availability of crit-crafted oranges and the associated mods as those will probably trump PvP gear with the addition of augments slots.

That being said, here is the final product of the above mentioned gear:

The stats reflect all class buffs and dark charge. With the
Rakata Fortitude Stim
you should break 20K HP.

I know I used War Hero Gear, but it seems to be rather attainable if you put your time in. However, you could use this as a basis for building lower tier gear in a similar fashion just with reduced results.

This thread is meant to be another area and forum for discussion on PvP and variations of the
build.

/Discuss away

Edited by dksocal

Spec

I run 31/0/10 and have always run some variation of it.

Its pretty self explanatory I think but I'll explain some of the finer points as best I can through my own understanding.

Why no Dark Ward?

--This has been beaten to death, and then revived and beaten again. The majority of damage you will face in PvP is NOT shieldable. This only frees up one point; true. However, I feel like Nerve Wracking is an unsung hero. It provides a 3% damage boost to a target controlled by your Spike or Electrocute. this damage boost is GROUP WIDE, making it a large total boost.

Shroud of Darkness over Electric Execution

--This has been touched on a bit further down the page. Because our self-heals are based on %HP and NOT a flate rate; the gains are much better received than a small damage boost on an internal cooldown.

Rotation

With little to no changes to our base skills, your rotation should remain relatively consistent. The following goes through the opening of an attack (assuming no resolve) and then into low-force rotation.

I typically open with Wither, then Shock until I close distance if Force Pull is down. Thrash to proc Energize and then Shock again. After 2 stacks of Harnessed Darkness I will Thrash to get an Energize proc. With Energize and 2 x Harnessed Darkness I will then pop Recklessness. Finally, Spike or Electrocute to set up your 3 x Harnessed Darkness powered Force Lightning that SHOULD crit.

By using this opener, you are generating your biggest Shock crit via Energize + Recklessness while simultaneously setting up your 3 x Harnessed Darkness powered Force Lightning.

I use the basic attack if Force gets low and use Wither on cool down to keep them within melee distance while building force.

Edited by dksocal

oh nice, i was wondering when mr robot would update with wh :D Personally, i'll stick with the stalker line bc I just don't feel the returns are worth it after using a full set of both. I do plan on mixing it a bit as you did in that pic. Although I PVE and do OPS so ill be going for crisis for my surivor gear.

My main concern is for those who use orange belt/bracers or even rakata implants. Im not sure how well expertise has been tweaked to fix the diminishing returns, but you are now losing twice as much per item. My main wasn't copied over so i've been leveling an alt.

The good thing is that WH gear is itemized much better and we can now mod our weapons. :D Personally, I absolutely love the look of the green WH gear on body type 3.

EDIT: before I get flamed for dps gear, I use a mix because I solo guard doors and turrets and IMO the tradeoff for a little more dps is worth it when trying to fend off two opponents until help arrives.

Edited by yeux

As far as I can tell and if I remember correctly. They are reducing the diminishing returns so that the difference in expertise is more widely felt. Of course I could be off base.

As of now, Full BM caps you out at 703 (14.94%) EXP. In 1.2 the same set will now give you 1164 (22.22%) EXP. Here is an additional site that has done far more theorycrafting and number crunching than I'd ever care to do on my own:

PvP Gearing in 1.2

I mainly PvP in premades and will continue to do so in 1.2 so I built a spec and gear accordingly. Of course, your mileage and experience may vary greatly.

Edited by dksocal

I'm wondering about your choice of 2nd tier Darkness talents. Since we're switching out the tanking mods/enhancements for DPS ones, wouldn't having 9% increased damage on Dark Charge be preferable to 3% more Endurance? Or is this just one of those personal preferences?

I'm wondering about your choice of 2nd tier Darkness talents. Since we're switching out the tanking mods/enhancements for DPS ones, wouldn't having 9% increased damage on Dark Charge be preferable to 3% more Endurance? Or is this just one of those personal preferences?

It's like 27~ damage every 5 seconds for 3 talent points.

I'd rather have the health, especially as a tank class that can heal itself, since this becomes a much higher amount of effective health in practice.

Varicite hit the nail on head. The new changes in gear are reducing your over all effective health gained from gear. That is, your total endurance is going down. Since everybody shooting for War Hero gear is bound to be full BM, you are looking at a reduction of 46 endurance with the stat changes to gear.

Additionally, our heals are based on % health so therefore having a larger pool will give us a larger overall benefit when regaining health across Force Lightning.

What changes in 1.2 that makes wearing Survivor gear better than Stalker gear for PvP?

If you take a look at the Dulfy site, you'll see that War Hero Survivor gear is going to give you 1394 Endurance when in a full set. The War Hero Stalker set is only going to produce 1178 Endurance.

tl;dr

by building a hybrid set you will see an increase in the following stats over a pure gear set: Crit, Surge, Power, Willpower, and Endurance

Essentially. with this combination you are improving your overall effective health AND burst damage (through Crit/Surge) while sacrificing base damage (power) and accuracy; which we all know is the redheaded step child of a stat.

**Again, this is by no means a "Follow this to be ub3r l33t pwnstar because I did maths". I wanted to encourage a discussion and hopefully develop a community around the coming changes to PvP gear**

Edited by dksocal

If you take a look at the Dulfy site, you'll see that War Hero Survivor gear is going to give you 1394 Endurance when in a full set. The War Hero Stalker set is only going to produce 1178 Endurance.

Just a point, the armorings in stalker and survivor mods have the same exact stats. Switching out all of your mods/enhancements to DPS ones will reduce your health significantly.

Lately I've been mixing and matching mods to have a reasonable blend of health and attack power. For competitive play it will probably be better just to carry two sets of gear, one for tanking (e.g. ball carrier, defending a node) and one for attacking.

Just a point, the armorings in stalker and survivor mods have the same exact stats. Switching out all of your mods/enhancements to DPS ones will reduce your health significantly.

Lately I've been mixing and matching mods to have a reasonable blend of health and attack power. For competitive play it will probably be better just to carry two sets of gear, one for tanking (e.g. ball carrier, defending a node) and one for attacking.

I wasn't under the impression that the War Hero gear had armorings. I selected the current mods because you are still maintaining endurance while ditching shield stats.

Example:

War Hero Stalker's Headgear

+138 Endurance

+77 Willpower

+110 Expertise Rating

+51 Shield Rating

+44 Absorb Rating

(61) War Hero's Robust Mod 26B

+49 Endurance

+41 Willpower

+30 Expertise Rating

+32 Absorb Rating

(61) War Hero's Vigilant Enhancement 26

+55 Endurance

+30 Expertise Rating

+51 Shield Rating

+12 Absorb Rating

VS. My alterations

War Hero Survivor's Headgear

+128 Endurance

+77 Willpower

+110 Expertise Rating

+32 Power

+22 Critical Rating

+53 Surge Rating

(61) War Hero's Aptitude Mod 26B

+49 Endurance

+41 Willpower

+30 Expertise Rating

+32 Power

(61) War Hero's Assault Enhancement 26

+45 Endurance

+30 Expertise Rating

+22 Critical Rating

+53 Surge Rating

My personal feeling is that a reduction in 10 Endurance is a reasonable sacrifice to attain more crits, bigger crits and a boost to base damage. Of course, multiplied across all gear platforms maybe its a bit more. But again, I will run a full 8 man premade with 2 very competent healers so the reduction in HP is small beans.

Edited by dksocal

I wasn't under the impression that the War Hero gear had armorings. I selected the current mods because you are still maintaining endurance while ditching shield stats.

Example:

War Hero Stalker's Headgear

+138 Endurance

+77 Willpower

+110 Expertise Rating

+51 Shield Rating

+44 Absorb Rating

(61) War Hero's Robust Mod 26B

+49 Endurance

+41 Willpower

+30 Expertise Rating

+32 Absorb Rating

(61) War Hero's Vigilant Enhancement 26

+55 Endurance

+30 Expertise Rating

+51 Shield Rating

+12 Absorb Rating

VS. My alterations

War Hero Survivor's Headgear

+128 Endurance

+77 Willpower

+110 Expertise Rating

+32 Power

+22 Critical Rating

+53 Surge Rating

(61) War Hero's Aptitude Mod 26B

+49 Endurance

+41 Willpower

+30 Expertise Rating

+32 Power

(61) War Hero's Assault Enhancement 26

+45 Endurance

+30 Expertise Rating

+22 Critical Rating

+53 Surge Rating

I do think that the WH gear will have Armorings, unlike the current implementation of PvP gear.

The only reason I am saying this is because the Rated War Hero gear is statless shell gear, and the only way for this to work is to be able to remove the Armorings from non-rated WH gear and put them into your Rated WH version.

So it's basically my speculation, but that's what I'm basing it on.

I appriciate the effort, but the amount of colors, font sizing etc. makes your posts look like a kids coloring book.

You should really think about formating OP prober.

This is what I would describe as beeing a prober formating, allthough I do really dislike the green color both you and he uses(but maybe thats just me).

Any way this is meant as possitive feedback, so more ppl wont discard it, or simply to make it easier to access and benefit from.

Edited by upzie

I appriciate the effort, but the amount of colors, font sizing etc. makes your posts look like a kids coloring book.

You should really think about formating OP prober.

This is what I would describe as beeing a prober formating, allthough I do really dislike the green color both you and he uses(but maybe thats just me).

Any way this is meant as possitive feedback, so more ppl wont discard it, or simply to make it easier to access and benefit from.

The idea was to get it organized in colors associated with the game and then continue to use the color pattern. I agree the green is a little harsh and maybe there is an overabundance of color.

However, when its nearly impossible to get people to read an entire post, let alone one that is all white I feel like some colors (especially those associated with in-game colors) can help those with much lower attention spans to glean the information they want/need.

Thanks Upz, I'll definitely work it over as we get more info and the like. Big fan of your stream btw.

Edited by dksocal

I do think that the WH gear will have Armorings, unlike the current implementation of PvP gear.

The only reason I am saying this is because the Rated War Hero gear is statless shell gear, and the only way for this to work is to be able to remove the Armorings from non-rated WH gear and put them into your Rated WH version.

So it's basically my speculation, but that's what I'm basing it on.

You're right about the armorings. The rated gear does appear to have Armoring slots. Since there are no current PvP armorings I'm assuming that in order to gear them out you are going to have to get crafted armorings made to fit your needs; and since I haven't dug into what's available I'll withhold any comments on it.

They do have armorings. Check out this list of screenshots from Dulfy:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/assassindps-70.jpg

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/assassintanking-70.jpg

As for your other stuff, makes sense. I do feel though that ripping out mods will require significantly more work than before, as you need to buy the BM parts first and then get the ranked comms.

Hello would like to ask that I currently have to collect a set of the BM Survivor I would like to change my plug-ins but I do not know how to replace is good Can you please advice? Because I do not know the demolition of what equipment plug-ins to replace the 24? 25?

They do have armorings. Check out this list of screenshots from Dulfy:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/assassindps-70.jpg

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/assassintanking-70.jpg

As for your other stuff, makes sense. I do feel though that ripping out mods will require significantly more work than before, as you need to buy the BM parts first and then get the ranked comms.

This is where I'm at as well. I really wish they would have added a system that my friend and I discussed at length:

1) Add another PvP vendor within each class section who solely sells the modifications, enhancements and armorings built around your character.

2) All PvP armor becomes moddable shell gear at a reduced price (comms, tokens, credits etc...)

3) The modifications, in turn, have a price so that when you have fully modified a piece of gear the net cost is the same.

With that system, you have negated the still poor itemization and allowed the community to kit as they please. If you are going to give us mods, why not let us choose?

Hello would like to ask that I currently have to collect a set of the BM Survivor I would like to change my plug-ins but I do not know how to replace is good Can you please advice? Because I do not know the demolition of what equipment plug-ins to replace the 24? 25?

I used the Champion Stalker Gloves' Enhancements to replace the survivor gear at present. They have the following stats:

+38 Endurance

+19 Critical

+48 Surge

You are losing 2 Endurance per Enhancement which I think pales in comparison to the amount of Crit and Surge. Some might view the downgrading of enhancements (and therefore item level) is silly. But when it seems all of the BM gear pieces are so poorly itemized it makes sense.

With that set up in mind I sit at 20.5K HP, 28% Crit and 75% Surge when fully prepared for WZs.

can someone explain to me why we arent aiming for 5% accuracy? (150 rating)

I don't hate this idea. I was toying around on the gear editor and you lose about 5% surge and 1% Crit. Your bonus damage jumps up about 70 points for melee and 50 points for force. You would have slightly more health but its a pretty insignificant amount.

If we had practice dummies it would be a simple check to see how often you get defended with/without the accuracy rating.

Edited by dksocal

I used the Champion Stalker Gloves' Enhancements to replace the survivor gear at present. They have the following stats:

+38 Endurance

+19 Critical

+48 Surge

You are losing 2 Endurance per Enhancement which I think pales in comparison to the amount of Crit and Surge. Some might view the downgrading of enhancements (and therefore item level) is silly. But when it seems all of the BM gear pieces are so poorly itemized it makes sense.

With that set up in mind I sit at 20.5K HP, 28% Crit and 75% Surge when fully prepared for WZs..

Without replacing the Mod only replace Enhancement?

And I all replacement or as long as the exchange part of

Edited by Kingstewart

Without replacing the Mod only replace Enhancement?

And I all replacement or as long as the exchange part of

I only replace the Enhancements. Leaving the Mods intact. I believe it costs close to 30K to pull the BM enhancements out.

If you found yourself an over abundance of BM commendations or just wanting to try it you could take the mods out of the BM Survivor chest piece so that all of your pieces have +Defense and no shield stats.

Edited by dksocal

I only replace the Enhancements. Leaving the Mods intact. I believe it costs close to 30K to pull the BM enhancements out.

If you found yourself an over abundance of BM commendations or just wanting to try it you could take the mods out of the BM Survivor chest piece so that all of your pieces have +Defense and no shield stats.

Yeah, I only replace Enhancements in my BM gear on my PT also, I wasn't sure if it was the same deal for Sins.

BM Enhancements are just terribly itemized, even BW has said to replace them.

Yeah, I only replace Enhancements in my BM gear on my PT also, I wasn't sure if it was the same deal for Sins.

BM Enhancements are just terribly itemized, even BW has said to replace them.

I truly wonder how some of this stuff made it to live :confused:

Oh well...GW2 is on the horizon.

Do we know yet how the BM components will work as a form of currency? By that I mean, will a survivor robe only be currency for WH survivor robes, or can I use the BM Survivor robe for any WH inquisitor robe?

Do we know yet how the BM components will work as a form of currency? By that I mean, will a survivor robe only be currency for WH survivor robes, or can I use the BM Survivor robe for any WH inquisitor robe?

I haven't been able to find any cost information. I'm hoping its similar to how the Champion Token worked in that you could redeem any piece of gear for that slot.

Hopefully somebody with experience on PTS can chime in.