Rated Warzone and Hackers.

heikaze

This thread will probably get deleted, but I still want to voice my concern about the hacking, and the soon upcoming rated warzones.

This is a big issue considering "ranking" is about to come into play. I am not sure if Bioware is doing anything about it, but my experience is they are not. There are couple Republic scoundrel on my server that are notorious for hacking, everyone know who they are and reported them. Only to see them 2 days later, back to hacking. Whats going on Bioware?

I am not saying Bioware are not taking actions, but apparently those actions are not enough to keep the hackers at bay. But with the upcoming rated warzones, these players needs to be looked at, and made an example out of. Some of these hackers are even trying to mask their hacking, i.e, only doubling their speed instead of going Flash.

For the gaming community, these issue needs to be addressed. We need a response as what kind of action you are taking and plan on taking.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is hacking still going on? I mean, the first month or two, i saw two hacks(or glitches, the every time you throw the ball to your team the other team scored(probably a glitch lol) and a very blatant speed hack(other team scored six in under 30 seconds lol)

I don't even see the old glitches anymore(speed planting in voidstar, jumping the fence(dirty reps:), getting pushed into the door so you can't be targeted planting bomb, same with turrets on alderaan)

I'm not going to say that cause I don't see them, they don't exist, I'm just curious if they still ever happen.

Don't worry they have already shown how they will handle it with Ilum. After the exploiters get all the gear easily they will just introduce a new tier of gear and make the existing gear entry level. They will also close down the areas where the exploiting is happening until they can redesign it. Better hope they have Ilum redesigned before they decide warzones need a rework too and there is no PvP left.

I've never once seen a hacker and i'm valor 75. Just a bunch of nubs accusing people of hacking.

I don't understand why does your valor have anything to do with hackers, people need to stop saying "I'm valor this and that". It does not increase your e-peen.

Anyways, yea hacking still going on my server. The most common one I see now is speed hacking, they don't make it that noticeable anymore. Turning it on full speed. But they only increase it by 50% or so, it makes they un-catchable.

I've never once seen a hacker and i'm valor 75. Just a bunch of nubs accusing people of hacking.

Then you better talk with BW cuz at the guild summit they fully admitted that there is hacking going on along with other cheats. They also said they had a team working on getting these hackers and are hiring more to help them.

They added that 1.2 will be the time that they use to ban these players accounts.

Edited by Badlander

It's hard to imagine any game to be hack free but usually people who are serious about hacking would never do something so obvious like hack your way to top of rated WZ ranking since that's like having a bull's eye painted on your back. It might be glorious but it'd definitely be short lived.

I don't understand why does your valor have anything to do with hackers, people need to stop saying "I'm valor this and that". It does not increase your e-peen.

Anyways, yea hacking still going on my server. The most common one I see now is speed hacking, they don't make it that noticeable anymore. Turning it on full speed. But they only increase it by 50% or so, it makes they un-catchable.

His valor rank has everything to do with hackers. 75 Valor means ~1500 warzones.

I laughed at the 50% speed increase thingy. Do you know that there is a class that buffs speed for a short time ? Or that the Warzones have Speed Runes you can collect ?

There is alot of hacking going on but there is even more accusation going on.

I myself have been called a hacker numerous times by idiots who simply can't tell difference between the normal lag and teleport hack.

Idiots and n00bs are calling innocent people hackers also when they use legit skills but the accusers have no idea about swuch skills so it must be hack. When they see a speed buff they almost auto accuse you of hacking.

And then there are those threads that sky is falling because everyone and everywhere is hacking. I'm valor 72 (i give this figure to show how many times i have been in warzones and ilum not to brag about beeing a WH as someone else above is implying) and saw a hacker maybe 2 times so the issue is not as bad as it is presented by many people.

Most of bthe time it comes down to people not knowing all skills and reckognize them as hacking, then they go with it to general chat channels in WZ and on fleet and then couple of other idiots will copy the accusations and there you go, reputation of perfectly legit player can be destroyed.

It is those idiots who accuse people i don't like...

99% of people calling hacks are confused by Sentinel/Marauder transcendence sprint buff.

This.

Edited by Endel

While hacking isn't hard, if you go for say a 200% speed buff or just flat out teleport it'd be rather obvious if you plan on using that kind of stuff to your advantage and you'll get reported immediately. Speed/teleport hacks are well understood so you'll also be caught rather easily once GMs investigate these claims.

And if you say hack yourself to +60% speed so people can't tell the difference between that and a Marauder speed run buff, it'd probably be safer to just reroll as a Marauder and learn how to play that class rather than risking getting caught for minimal gain.

actualy your wrong there is hacking going on and if you knew what you was lookign for you would notice.

its mainly bug abusing and exploiting though.

and that alone will mess with the ranked warzones as well as the class and gear imbalance's

I do think vast majority of hack claims are based on misunderstandings, or just not understanding another classes powers.

I have actually had another player that I played against a lot accuse me of using hacks. Still not sure if he was joking or not. He played a sniper, I play a gunslinger and I targetted him a lot cos I knew he was competent, and could put out some serious damage. So I blew him away whenever I spotted him, and he made a comment near the end of the wz that he would "love to have the hacks I used for his scoundrel"!

I'm nearly 40, a competent pvp'er but hardly elite, I genuinely pvp for fun and the challenge and never take it too seriously, and I wouldnt have the first clue how to use hacks! :)

So seeing that accusation does make me suspect that a lot of the time people resort to calling "cheat" just cos they lost fair and square. Am sure that it does happen, but a lot less than some suspect.

I've seen doors blown in next to no time, with 2 of us talking afterwards how we saw the bomb was planted in less than 2 seconds. But was probably just a glitch or lag. Likewise have seen turrets taken with seemingly nobody near them. But I am rank 71'ish and have also never seen something I would definitely believe to be cheating, and the few "weird" things I've seen have been very rare. And MMO's are always a little glitchy, it's the nature of online play.

Cheers,

Sirac

Let me put it this way cause I came across this many times on my server. If we eventually get 2 premades from the guild in the same team and we are or aren't on teamspeak, trust me, everyone will call us hackers. We don't die, we roflstomp everything to the ground.

If I queue alone and end up against the top Rep guild that eventually gets 2 premades in the same team, and they are or not on teamspeak. Everyone from my team, will yell HACKERS cause they will roflstomp everything to the ground.

There might be hacking going around, but as someone above mentioned the vast majority of hack claims are based on misunderstandings, or just not understanding another classes powers(e.g. planting 2nd door on Voidstar without the bridges being open which is obviously a skilled sprint jump by inquisitors)

Edited by ntyzor

While it might be true when a lot of people get confused about the marauder buff and speed hack, you are oblivious if you think there are not hacks going on. There a difference when you see the whole team get the speed buff for a short duration, than seeing only one player with double movement increase speed the whole game.

i hate to tell you this but valor lvl does have to do with time spent pvping. lvl 75 means this dude has been doing a lot of it so hes been in his fair share of wzs

i hate to tell you this but valor lvl does have to do with time spent pvping. lvl 75 means this dude has been doing a lot of it so hes been in his fair share of wzs

Considering how easy it is to get valor now, I'm not impressed. I am rank 80 btw, and if he is 75 and have not seen any hackers, then I'm glad his servers have good players that is willing to play the game right. But that does not prove hackers do not exist.

swtor hack returns 2500 videos on youtube.

Ive seen people hacking and ive called them on it. One actually admitted to it and told me to deal with it bc there was nothing i could do about it. Except I had fraps on and that report made him disappear for a few days.

Some servers have it extremely bad, others you might not notice it often. On my server there are a lot of hackers on the pub side, which happens to be the lower pop.

The issue is these exploits and hacks are extremely simple and Customer Service/Devs for this game have a habit of listening/reading but never responding so people think theyre doing nothing.

Considering how easy it is to get valor now, I'm not impressed. I am rank 80 btw, and if he is 75 and have not seen any hackers, then I'm glad his servers have good players that is willing to play the game right. But that does not prove hackers do not exist.

another funny thing about valor is, the more you go for objectives the less you get. So if your main goal isnt get 4 medals or get ALL the medals (before the 4med thing) your valor level is gonna be lower than some people you've played every match against.

In fact, 2 of the absolute worst players on my server rock their war hero tag like they think groupies will start flocking to them bc of it :p

of course, neither has anything to do with hackers. they definitely exist, the people claiming not to are either ignorant of the world outside their bubble/basement or trolls.

I was an Ultimate Gladiator from Season 0 thru Season 89 in WOW. I have conquered CONTRA and made it thru the Cow Level in Diablo 2. I file married with one additional dependent. My favorite color is purple. I drive a 1994 Nissan Pickup with only 84,000 miles on it.

There, my qualifications trump your valor.

I have seen hacking in the game. Others may not have, others might have. All I know is what I have seen and know what is and is not possible.

It means he's spent a lot of time in Warzones. It's nothing to do with e-peen... stop being a prat, open your eyes and try looking at it from someone elses perspective nisetad of ranting about what people should and should not say on a public forum.

Valour 64 here, and I've once tho0ught "omg (s)he's hacking".

;)