Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rated Warzone and Hackers.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rated Warzone and Hackers.

heikaze
03.28.2012 , 10:35 PM | #1
This thread will probably get deleted, but I still want to voice my concern about the hacking, and the soon upcoming rated warzones.

This is a big issue considering "ranking" is about to come into play. I am not sure if Bioware is doing anything about it, but my experience is they are not. There are couple Republic scoundrel on my server that are notorious for hacking, everyone know who they are and reported them. Only to see them 2 days later, back to hacking. Whats going on Bioware?

I am not saying Bioware are not taking actions, but apparently those actions are not enough to keep the hackers at bay. But with the upcoming rated warzones, these players needs to be looked at, and made an example out of. Some of these hackers are even trying to mask their hacking, i.e, only doubling their speed instead of going Flash.

For the gaming community, these issue needs to be addressed. We need a response as what kind of action you are taking and plan on taking.

Lt_Latency
03.28.2012 , 10:39 PM | #2
If they rank up really high hacking they will stick out like a sour thumb at the top.

Rotanartlu
03.28.2012 , 11:41 PM | #3
I've never once seen a hacker and i'm valor 75. Just a bunch of nubs accusing people of hacking.

williambr
03.28.2012 , 11:58 PM | #4
Is hacking still going on? I mean, the first month or two, i saw two hacks(or glitches, the every time you throw the ball to your team the other team scored(probably a glitch lol) and a very blatant speed hack(other team scored six in under 30 seconds lol)

I don't even see the old glitches anymore(speed planting in voidstar, jumping the fence(dirty reps, getting pushed into the door so you can't be targeted planting bomb, same with turrets on alderaan)

I'm not going to say that cause I don't see them, they don't exist, I'm just curious if they still ever happen.
Don't take me too seriously, I don't

FUBAR-BDHR
03.29.2012 , 12:01 AM | #5
Don't worry they have already shown how they will handle it with Ilum. After the exploiters get all the gear easily they will just introduce a new tier of gear and make the existing gear entry level. They will also close down the areas where the exploiting is happening until they can redesign it. Better hope they have Ilum redesigned before they decide warzones need a rework too and there is no PvP left.

heikaze
03.29.2012 , 12:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotanartlu View Post
I've never once seen a hacker and i'm valor 75. Just a bunch of nubs accusing people of hacking.
I don't understand why does your valor have anything to do with hackers, people need to stop saying "I'm valor this and that". It does not increase your e-peen.

Anyways, yea hacking still going on my server. The most common one I see now is speed hacking, they don't make it that noticeable anymore. Turning it on full speed. But they only increase it by 50% or so, it makes they un-catchable.

Badlander
03.29.2012 , 12:16 AM | #7
Then you better talk with BW cuz at the guild summit they fully admitted that there is hacking going on along with other cheats. They also said they had a team working on getting these hackers and are hiring more to help them.

They added that 1.2 will be the time that they use to ban these players accounts.
VULKAR HIGHWAY PVP SERVER
PANTHER - MARAUDER - ANNIHILATION SPEC

Astarica
03.29.2012 , 12:32 AM | #8
It's hard to imagine any game to be hack free but usually people who are serious about hacking would never do something so obvious like hack your way to top of rated WZ ranking since that's like having a bull's eye painted on your back. It might be glorious but it'd definitely be short lived.

ntyzor
03.29.2012 , 01:11 AM | #9
This ^

Rank 73 Valor here.

ntyzor
03.29.2012 , 01:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by heikaze View Post
I don't understand why does your valor have anything to do with hackers, people need to stop saying "I'm valor this and that". It does not increase your e-peen.

Anyways, yea hacking still going on my server. The most common one I see now is speed hacking, they don't make it that noticeable anymore. Turning it on full speed. But they only increase it by 50% or so, it makes they un-catchable.
His valor rank has everything to do with hackers. 75 Valor means ~1500 warzones.

I laughed at the 50% speed increase thingy. Do you know that there is a class that buffs speed for a short time ? Or that the Warzones have Speed Runes you can collect ?