Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Bane

Aakesh-skylord
03.28.2012 , 07:20 PM | #1
I know this is skipping ahead roughly 2000 years from the game, but I have to get others opinions. Do you believe Darth Bane won against Darth Zannah for control of her body, and is it possible Lord Sidious, emperor Palpatine, is actually Darth Bane's essence continuing down the line?

Wolfninjajedi
03.28.2012 , 07:30 PM | #2
He died against Zannah...so thinking no. As for the second part..no as it stands, Palpatine was born as a regular and powerful kid who grew up to the most powerful sith in history.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aakesh-skylord
03.28.2012 , 07:42 PM | #3
Obviously you didn't read the book properly. Bane learned the ritual of essence transfer, which allows you to take over the body of another and destroy who they are if your will is greater. This means he could continually do this if he remaind strongest of the sith, which he always has been. It hints at the idea that he won the mental battle when it states that "Zannah" was continually clenching her left hand after Bane's physical form disappeared.

Wolfninjajedi
03.28.2012 , 07:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aakesh-skylord View Post
Obviously you didn't read the book properly. Bane learned the ritual of essence transfer, which allows you to take over the body of another and destroy who they are if your will is greater. This means he could continually do this if he remaind strongest of the sith, which he always has been. It hints at the idea that he won the mental battle when it states that "Zannah" was continually clenching her left hand after Bane's physical form disappeared.
Well if its only hinted, and not proven then as of now. He didn't.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TheBentOne
03.28.2012 , 08:02 PM | #5
Regardless of who won the mental duel. Sidious is not Bane, Plagueis is not Bane.

I would suggest reading the novel Darth Plagueis if you want to learn about the backstory of Sidious.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.

Tarbacca
03.28.2012 , 08:15 PM | #6
Palpatine continued to the Rule of Two line by studying Banes rules, and by keeping the Sith tradition live on. And also, Bane lost, completely. Even though the Rule of Two says that the apprentice will become the master, it should not happen.
"Your typical gamers nowadays are entitled, self-important, generally immature (at least as far as their public persona goes), unrealistic, and have no idea what they want out of a game."

Maaruin
03.28.2012 , 08:51 PM | #7
Do you believe Darth Bane won against Darth Zannah for control of her body, and is it possible Lord Sidious, emperor Palpatine, is actually Darth Bane's essence continuing down the line?
No.

'nuff said
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

BrandonSM
03.28.2012 , 08:57 PM | #8
But Bane didn't master it. Palps is canonically the only Sith to have mastered Essence Transfer.

And Drew stated on his blog that Bane lost...
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Malles
03.28.2012 , 09:04 PM | #9
I know this is skipping ahead roughly 2000 years from the game, but I have to get others opinions. Do you believe Darth Bane won against Darth Zannah for control of her body, and is it possible Lord Sidious, emperor Palpatine, is actually Darth Bane's essence continuing down the line?
Bane lost. Maybe something from his essence rubbed off on Zannah, but Zannah was a smart cookie who'd known Bane nearly her entire life and had been groomed by Bane himself to one day kill him. A mental intrusion against a Sith sorcerer? You might as well try fighting a wolf using nothing but your teeth. That was a last, desperate move that sealed his fate. Zannah won.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Malles
03.28.2012 , 09:12 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarbacca View Post
Palpatine continued to the Rule of Two line by studying Banes rules, and by keeping the Sith tradition live on. And also, Bane lost, completely. Even though the Rule of Two says that the apprentice will become the master, it should not happen.
Off topic: Palpatine was NOT following the Rule of Two. At least, not when he became Emperor. To him an apprentice was more enforcer than predecessor. He purposely gimped Vader with a cyborg body to cripple his power enough so he wouldn't pose a serious threat to Palpatine. After the Republic fell Palpatine's main goal became, for lack of a better term, unlimited power. First step, he had to live long enough to get that.

Vader followed the Rule of Two better than Palpatine in training Starkiller, though I'm not even sure he was even aware of the rule. He just got cold feet when Palpatine found out about him.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?