Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, Fix the latency issue. IT"S ON YOUR END

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Bioware, Fix the latency issue. IT"S ON YOUR END
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

03.28.2012 , 03:46 PM | #1
since last patch thousands are having problems. Why no comment Bioware? Nothing? Really? Game is unplayable. = lost subscription before next payment due date if not corrected.

Sign me,
a very irate customer >

03.28.2012 , 03:49 PM | #2
same issue since last update unplayable, can still play wow rift and dcuo fine

03.28.2012 , 04:21 PM | #3
Yes it is on your end BioWare. The ever increasing Latency issue (soars into 100k or more) is a server disconnect and I'm pretty sure its related to the R9000 disconnect error too. Its the same problem one boots you to server selection with the R9000 error while the other does not disconnect cleanly and your left having to Alt + F4 to get out of the game. Meanwhile, internet, VoIP, other online games, etc all work fine.

I'm a sucker, they got me to get another GTC by somehow making the issue disappear for 2 days before my account ran out. Its been OK since, a few R9000 disconnect errors, but now its back to the runaway latency in populated areas again.

Not pleased.

03.28.2012 , 05:02 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

Firstly, please check the Server Status Page to see if there is currently any downtime for the server you are attempting to connect to.

If there is no current server downtime please check the following to help resolve disconnection issues:

1. Restart the game and attempt to login again
2. Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, try to see if using a wired connection improves the issue.
3. You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
4. You may need to remove and re-add an exception for SWTOR.exe and launcher.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus.
5. If you utilize a VPN for your connection, you would need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
6. If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and Thank You for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

03.28.2012 , 05:08 PM | #5
This copy-pasta nonsense doesn't help. Nothing we do is going to solve your server issues. We need some kind of acknowledgement that this problem is being looked after, at the very least.

03.28.2012 , 05:10 PM | #6
Thing is the latency issue is not on Bioware's server or ISP side. The latency is very low on their side.

Bioware's ISP ping is 19ms to a high of 81ms which is great. There server pings are from 22ms to 67ms also very good.

BTW ran the test 15x over 3 days to see high and lows.

Path my system takes is PC - local ISP data center - Cleveland, OH (Level, Washington, DC (, Bioware ISP in TX ( then their server.

03.28.2012 , 05:16 PM | #7
I'm having zero issues using this route

ran it for 3500 cycles at 0% loss and 19 max average hop, 104 max single hop (though 104 is high, for 1 hop in 3500 cycles it's fine)

03.30.2012 , 07:13 AM | #8
Update on Latency Issue:

Having latency spikes at random times lasting from 2-3 secs to 2-3 mins and getting from 10K 340K latency. Sometimes leads to disconnect and error 9000 and other times returns to normal.

Steps already made
-Contacted ISP (they say line has no issue)
-changed router (improved a little but problem still here)
-updated all drivers
-flushed DNS
-removed and re-added swtor.exe and launcher to firewall
-rebooted and (30/30/30) reseted router multiple times
-reloaded (Ctr-U x2) UI

Nothing changed!

Pathping and tracert indicates no issue.

Playing at Hydian Way Server, Last spike was today March 30, 13.23 13.26 GMT, it happened while in a warzone and lasted more than 3 mins and then got back without disconnecting.
The following pathping and tracert is same time in game I had 280K latency

Also have been monitoring my connection with PingPlotter Pro for the last 5 days and none of the times the ingame spikes happen there is unusual higher latency towards the gameserver monitored by pingplotter . For example 3000 ms ingame while pingplotter indicates 179ms to server same time.

Im afraid that all this seems to point at issue at your end, plz fiz cause it would be shame to quit a wonderful game due to connectivity problems:/

03.30.2012 , 08:13 AM | #9
Shameless bump!

03.30.2012 , 08:46 AM | #10
I am in the same boat,. Just got the game and it is unplayable
---Architects Do it With Models---