Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Karagga's Trash Mobs

DarkDisturbed
03.28.2012 , 01:36 PM | #1
Okay, I'm just wondering it there's a good way of handling these, we can make it through EV Hard and Karagga's actual bosses without wiping once, but we always wipe on the KP trash, its really getting annoying.

Codek
03.28.2012 , 01:41 PM | #2
is there a specific area between bosses that cause this or just the trash overall?
~Codek

Dragonbgone
03.28.2012 , 02:16 PM | #3
You're probably talking about the murder droids. CC the technicians and kill the hunter creeper droid very quickly.
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

schnopsnosn
03.28.2012 , 02:22 PM | #4
Not only CC them.
You have to do this simultaneously for all technicians, otherwise they will get get liberated.

The way we do it:
Our Assassin-tank CCs one of them, someone else CCs the second one.
In G4-B3's room we have the Assassin CC the one on the left console, then have one DD with insta-cast-CC and one with cast-time-CC so you can time the CCs nicely.

DarkDisturbed
03.28.2012 , 07:19 PM | #5
Yeah, we try to CC the healer technicians but they always break out of it when combat starts.

DifferentShiz
03.28.2012 , 07:48 PM | #6
Another suggestion for the puzzle-boss room is to have your OT taunt a chunk of the murder droids that are up at the time and jump off the ledge to kite them. Also using pushes off the edge will keep them out of combat for a decent amount of time, it will clean up mobs and help your group get settled.

ShelvanUberwan
03.28.2012 , 07:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
Yeah, we try to CC the healer technicians but they always break out of it when combat starts.
Sounds like someone is doing AOE's that shouldn't be,

or you have someone that doesn't have the full CC.

For Example, if a shadow does a force lift. It doesn't last a minute like the sage. I assume that the imperial class is pretty much the same. It last only a couple of seconds.

So you need to make sure that classes doing the CC are the correct ones.

Additionally, the technicians if I remember will heal the droids, so those you have to lift them first, and kill the droids quickly so technicians can't heal them.

Be aware of AOE's too, that can bring in surrounding enemies in the area.
May the force be with you....ALWAYS.

ViperI
03.28.2012 , 08:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ShelvanUberwan View Post
Sounds like someone is doing AOE's that shouldn't be,

or you have someone that doesn't have the full CC.

For Example, if a shadow does a force lift. It doesn't last a minute like the sage. I assume that the imperial class is pretty much the same. It last only a couple of seconds.

So you need to make sure that classes doing the CC are the correct ones.

Additionally, the technicians if I remember will heal the droids, so those you have to lift them first, and kill the droids quickly so technicians can't heal them.

Be aware of AOE's too, that can bring in surrounding enemies in the area.
I think what he's experiencing is when the technicians dispell CC effects on their friends. You have to simultaneously hit all technicians with CC. If even one is not CC'd, he will dispell all of his friends.

The surest way to deal with this is to use mind snap and tranq/sleep dart on all but one technician. Since these spells do not start combat, the remaining technician will not dispell. Then have someone force lift or concussive round the 3rd technician and pull the Hunter-creeper.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite

yzzArc
03.28.2012 , 08:21 PM | #9
For the trash in the room with the boss, Line of site them back into the room you get off the elevator in. They come one by one and you can kill them quickly. After that you just cc the 2 technicians at the same time.

Codek
03.28.2012 , 08:47 PM | #10
If your guild is having trouble with getting the CC's off you can always just assign a person to each tech and have them focus on interrupting the heal, after the first is interrupted the creeper should be dead. Also be sure your dps is stepping up to it's full potential and not holding back just because it's trash pulls.
~Codek