Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terrible Customer Service

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Foogazy
03.28.2012 , 01:34 PM | #1
I just hit 50 on an alt and my guild was nice enough to run me through normal mode EV and KP last night. The good part is 5 items dropped for me; the bad part is I was unable to loot any of the items of the commendations. Each time this happened I took the time to put in a ticket about the problem. Today I get a response back saying that BioWare can not verify the item dropped for me and they close the ticket. This is horrible customer service and when I tried to call I find out that they will not discuss ingame issues over the phone. Pathetic company.

Pengatron
03.28.2012 , 01:51 PM | #2
If they cannot verify the items dropped, then they cannot give them to you.
Phone numbers available for call in issues are not for in game issues, but more for Billing and account management issues.

If this makes them a "bad" company then it also makes Blizzard a "bad" company too as these are the exact same policies and functionality of their support system also.
You do not stop playing games because you get old,
you get old because you stop playing games.

DragunOcelot
03.28.2012 , 02:13 PM | #3
It is terrible, there is no reason to state the obvious. If there is an issue dealing with an item, you pretty much need to create a ticket prior to the issue ever occurring. I have had two similar issues happen to me this month. Both times the ticket was created almost immediately after happening. The method to the madness seems to be...

- create a ticket
- ticket gets replied to asking for more information, while closing that ticket
- create a new ticket with all known information, that was already in the original ticket
- live agent chat telling you that the ticket was created too late, closes the ticket, and then tells you to create yet another ticket
- create yet another ticket
- ticket gets locked
- ticket is replied to saying that it is getting looked into further
- no response or news as to what happened

I know for a fact that this happens. As it has happened to me twice over the last month, as well as happening to two of my friends.

Foogazy
03.28.2012 , 02:20 PM | #4
I haven't even gotten the opportunity to talk to a live agent so far. That is a place where WoW has a step over this game. When you have an issue in WoW they will at least take the time to talk with you and try and get the problem resolved. All I've seen here so far is me putting in a ticket only to have it closed and no chance to get any further information. And with the information I gave; character name, lvl, class, server name, time and place of problem, and the name of the loot, you can't tell me that they are not able to verify the item dropping. This company is sad and many people are tired of putting up with sub par service and content.

DragunOcelot
03.28.2012 , 02:24 PM | #5
Ya, I just created a ticket regarding the two issues that were brought up, and asked for specifics regarding the amount of time you have to create a ticket about item restoration, hopefully they don't dodge the question.

I hope they realize how much patience people have with very poor customer service. It is bad enough that there are problems with the game, even though I still find it fun, sometimes.

MasterBrewster
03.28.2012 , 02:31 PM | #6
i accidently got given Rakata pants from a masterlooter

i made my ticket for the pants to goto the correct player within 5 min of receiving them

i got a reply the next day asking for more info, then another rely for even more info (why they couldnt ask for this info in the pervious ticket is beyond me)

chatted with live agent said he(BRIAN) will rectify this issue 3 min later i get an update saying i did not make my ticket in the alotted 4 hours of receiving this item

the costomer service on this game is *********** retarded so retarded they dont even check time stamps on when you create your tickets reguarding time restricted matters.

so i made a new ticket saying he needs to look at time stamp on ticket reference number

talk to live agent, get ticket transfered...

still waiting on reply from new ticket

bioware pull your heads outa your asses and train your CS do to their gosh darn jobs

EDIT lmao gosh darn... wow, now i know this game caters to carebears
█ị████►◄_‾/████████████████████████████████████)

Foogazy
03.28.2012 , 02:34 PM | #7
With low population servers, stale content, and the worst customer service I have ever seen in an MMO; I personally don't see this game lasting more than a year and a half. Sad.

Scowl_UK
03.28.2012 , 02:40 PM | #8
I have two tickets unanswered, had them for about a week now. Very poor service.

bobamech
03.28.2012 , 02:42 PM | #9
Customer service in this game is by far the worst I've dealt with in my life as a MMORPG'er. I was even a Guide back in Everquest, and it was no where near as bad.

I submit a ticket, and they always get auto closed with the same generic response. I never get to talk to a live rep to explain my case. I submitted my 3rd ticket recently, and they responded with the same generic response and told me to not submit again because they are sticking with their answer.

Let me get this straight... they are sticking with their answer before they even talk to me?

I've sent them an email again asking to speak to a live rep. Obviously it's going to be answered at a snail pace. If it weren't for my friend who wants me to keep playing, I would just call my credit card company to get my $14.99 refunded and cancel this game permanently.

The customer service in this game downright sucks.

camberme
03.28.2012 , 02:43 PM | #10
to the OP if you ran NORMAL mode the gear is assigned by the game to the players. Not verybody gets a piece of gear, even those who dont need it. it would be better for them to carryyou through hard mode, so they can give you the gear.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination