Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What bothers you in the EU?

DarthPunitor
03.28.2012 , 05:55 PM | #21
Anything concerning the lore after the movies.

Except in the case of boba fett.
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."
-Gauntlet of Kresh- -The Tai Legacy- -Subutai - Punitor - Machiavelli - Davikk - Orda- Guild Website - Sister Guild Site

LemmingLeader
03.28.2012 , 06:37 PM | #22
What bothers me with the EU is the sheer stupidity of alot of it. Things that distort the basic theme or feel from what the movies present. There are things I like about it, namely works that feel like a natural extension of the movies. But I'm not a fan of things that change up the style from the movies, or dumb stuff happening for the sake of making a P.O.S. work relevant.

As a Star Wars fan, I throw out alot of EU stuff, because IMO the vast majority of it is garbage. I'm more of a purist.

obi-wan-kaneobi
03.28.2012 , 09:08 PM | #23
Chewbacca or the lack thereof...

Idunhavaname
03.28.2012 , 09:47 PM | #24
Vong invasion,Chewbacca's death,Mara Jade's death.

RIP orange pixel

Annedromeda
03.28.2012 , 10:56 PM | #25
I haven't found anything yet that riles me, although I find that since gaming and reading are hobbies/getaways for me, I just take them at face value. It's entertainment, and nothing else to me. If something stops entertaining me, I'll stop engaging in it.
When a man dies, a swarm of highly charged energies deserts the body and goes out into space entering another cycle of life. These energies have an IMMORTAL nature. -Thomas Edison

deneric
03.28.2012 , 11:20 PM | #26
My complaint would be how, for the most part, it's all a bunch of white people solving all the problems. I mean, we have this galaxy full of incredibly unique and interesting cultures and species, and yet, for the most part, in the dramatis personae, everyone's name is followed by (human fe/male).

Also, if it took a little less than someone being crushed by a moon or seeing their ghost to prove they were dead, that'd be nice too. Just sayin.

As for Kevin J. Anderson, you just have to go into his books with a light-hearted mentality. Sure, he's not gonna be the best, but you gotta hand it to the guy, he's very fun. I remember just loving the Jedi Academy trilogy, and that was because I let go of my expectations a bit. That sounds like an insult, but just try loosening up a bit next time you read him, it's very enjoyable.
SWG (PRE-CU) Kettemoor Veteran!

Rouge
03.29.2012 , 03:55 AM | #27
The deaths of Anakin and Jacen Solo, the death of Chewbacca, Mara Jade's death, the existence of Ben Skywalker and the continued existence of the Empire still 134 years after the Return of the Jedi.
Think of this: If you will play a Jedi or a Sith, now you will never get to take your apprentice to fight with you in flashpoints, warzones or raids. You will never face together any of the big end-game bosses.

BenjaminminU
03.29.2012 , 04:21 AM | #28
The Vong, just think they're the stupidest idea ever.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

LemmingLeader
03.29.2012 , 04:40 AM | #29
The various posts in this thread justify why I don't like so much of the SW EU

TKMaster
03.29.2012 , 05:05 AM | #30
The fact that it's stories are hardly better than your average comic book, that 60-90 year old protaganists / antaganists from the OT are still running around kicking ***, Jedi are at god-like levels and are unkillable, and theres still not a Jar-Jar book!!!!!!!