Correlia - Best Companion??

Mondavian

I'm currently finishing up my Sith Assassin (playing dps spec) & am curious what the best companion will be for the end-game levels (47-50). Previously I've been using Khem, but I was wondering if Xalek or Talos would make a better companion for finishing off the final levels. Any suggestions or insight are appreciated! Thanks.

Talos hands down, great for little down time, all forms of fight can be done with him, unlike khem because i wouldn't take him into a fight lasting more then 30 secs.., not saying you can't i just wouldn't. Trust me when comes your major boss fights near the end of your story you want talos for that, use talos and don't look back! Edited by deags

What really? Tank specc'd I used ashara all the way until our very last class story line fight and I had to use talos for that. Had to regear him completely bc I never used him lol.

With Ashara I rarely ever had to use medpacks on gold mobs. Of course I wasn't out trying to solo group champion mobs, but I can't think of a single one that gave me a problem after switching to tank spec (which was right before I got her on taris lol).

Now I had tried both dps specs and found they weren't working as well so soloing, maybe this is the issue.

Xalek is a waste of space. He's not a good enough tank to take agro and live. Not to mention Ashara will end fights more quickly because she focuses.

Honestly Ashara would be better than Khem or Xalek, even though she isnt a tank. If she's not working dps specc'd go with talos.

Try sending her in to attack first. She'll jump in and get the agro and you can focus on the mobs she's attacking. Itll give her a 2 sec or so window to get damage hate built and then just switch mobs as she does.

Edited by yeux

From personal experience I loved pairing Talos with 31/x/x spec. I had leveled with other specs and found them not as easy to solo everything. With 31/x/x I never had a problem with heroic 2s or any quest/story quest. I kept both me and companions up to date, and I wore dps gear instead of tanking gear.