Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Classes - which one has the best story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Classes - which one has the best story?

Flintfire
12.24.2012 , 08:50 AM | #21
Im gonna get pummelled for this, but i thought the BH story was really good. First chapter, pretty good, second chapter blew my socks off. It was epic. Just started the third chapter and by the way things turned out in the second chapter, I cant wait.
Infyrno/Infyrnex Infyrnus/Infyrnal
Leiptr Venaticus
Slaughtor Evisceran/Karrnivore
Sleipe/Medyc Desolus/Tyrantix

GM of Oblivion

Anglvamp
12.24.2012 , 10:04 AM | #22
This is one of those questions that really doesn't have an answer and depends on opinion.

Personally I've been loving the counselor story. I've now started one of each class, JC has been right up my alley.

^.^

Phyreblade
12.24.2012 , 12:46 PM | #23
I've played all but the Consular and Trooper, although my Agent is just now approaching the end of Chapter 3, as well. They are all very well done. I've few complaints, anyway. It just depends on what you're looking for in a story, I suppose. So my opinions of the stories, as follows:

BOUNTY HUNTER:

My favorite class story thus far. I like it, because imo the hunter is the one class character who really grows through the experience. What you start off with is rarely the character you end up with. The story itself almost demands that the hunter shift, either in their priorities or their overall character. It's very well done. I'm probably going to play this one through again, just cause I enjoy it so much.

SITH WARRIOR:

Second favorite. This is a character who never really changes their focus, though. She knows what she's about, from the get-go, and then barrels towards that goal with singleminded and deadly purpose. Someone earlier recommended playing this character darkside, and I agree. I respect those who enjoyed playing a lightside warrior, but I don't get it. Darkside warrior was an exceptional storyline. I loved it.

IMPERIAL AGENT:

Wow. This is the first character who's story literally got me emotionally invested. I was actually angry on his behalf during the second chapter, and if I could've reached through the screen to slap silly the damn rats (aka NPCs) that tormented him, I would've, lol. If you do decide to ever play agent, I recommend another darkside character. I played an agent lightside up through middle of chapter two and hated it, enough I rerolled the character and went darkside. Way way way better. I also liked playing this character male versus female. He's far more interesting. And flirtatious.

SMUGGLER:

Fun fun fun! I've played smuggler both as female and male. Both are amusing, although I tend to lean towards my smuggler being a guy. Regardless, the character is completely amusing, smart-alek, engaging, flirtatious -- from start to finish. I had so much fun playing a smuggler, I've done two playthroughs and plan another one eventually, hehe.

JEDI KNIGHT:

I played a Knight through start of chapter two as a guy and guardian and didn't like it. Rerolled as a female sentinel and totally loved it. The story itself is very much in line with the movie-takes on Jedi Knights. It's all about heroically saving the world ... err, galaxy ... from the evil emperor. It was pretty good.

SITH INQUISITOR:

Liked being able to toss lighting at people. The story was enjoyable, in that I took someone from slave origins and propelled her to one of the highest positions in the Empire. Beyond that, it was meh. Andronikus was fun, at least.

TROOPER (eventually):

I'll make a Trooper just as soon as the Cathar are released. Sorry for those who hate the kitty cat theme, but I don't. I want a Thundercat who has kittens with Arik. Sue me.

CONSULAR (in progress):

Got my guy Consular to Coruscant. He's okay. Story is slow, don't see it changing anytime soon, and everyone who posts on the forums tends to say it won't be much different than what I've seen thus far. It's okay. I like seeing him throw rocks at people and they fall over dead as a result. I'll finish it eventually.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel Duncan, Sawbones Scoundrel
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

crossbrainedfool
12.24.2012 , 01:58 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post

SITH WARRIOR:

Second favorite. This is a character who never really changes their focus, though. She knows what she's about, from the get-go, and then barrels towards that goal with singleminded and deadly purpose. Someone earlier recommended playing this character darkside, and I agree. I respect those who enjoyed playing a lightside warrior, but I don't get it. Darkside warrior was an exceptional storyline. I loved it.
First, I'm most of the way through chapter 1, so I this may not reflect the whole story.

Lightside warrior is a lot less 'let's be nice' and more 'avoid damage.'

The lightside options on the Sith Warrior are often more guileful and clever ways of avoiding conflict. You can get through the first mission (I think) of Dromand Kaas without drawing your lightsaber.

The way my Warrior works (at least in my head) is that while she puts up a facade of cruelty and bloodthirst, when the chips are down she's actually avoiding bloodshed. She likes fighting, but not killing the helpless. The end result is that you're direct on the surface, but clever and creative with your solutions and more loyal to conscience than the Empire.

YoshiRaphElan
12.24.2012 , 02:04 PM | #25
I know I'm gonna catch a lot of flak for this, but so far I've leveled trooper and BH to end of Act 3, working on JK in beginning Act 1. And I loved the trooper story. 'Course, I've always been partial to military-themed stories, but trooper is really grand. I mean, it's a classic soldier story, practically from start to finish. It's fun, dark in the right places, and just flat-out epic in others. Especially this one cutscene on Voss:

Spoiler

DarthRamette
12.24.2012 , 02:14 PM | #26
Loved the Imperial Agent story, was emotionally invested and at Chapter Two I was so angry at what happened but that is the hallmark of a good story. Enjoyed it and its my number 1.

Enjoyed the Sith Warrior Story, played it both DS and LS and enjoyed it at lot. It was more predictable then the IA but fun.

Tired playing a Councular...have not gotten past lvl 15 on it, found it boring.

Enjoying my Knight right now.

Taleera
12.24.2012 , 03:04 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
They are all very well done. I've few complaints, anyway. It just depends on what you're looking for in a story, I suppose.
+1 to this. Props to the writers; I think all the class stories are quite thrilling. It's really a question of what mood you're in. I'm playing all classes save for the Inquisitor and the Counselor (gameplay reasons), and sometimes I'm in the mood for this class, sometimes for that. Having multiple characters thus guarantees I always have access to "just what I need".

The dialogue selections even make replaying the same area worthwhile. There was one situation on Alderaan that I have resolved with three different Imperial characters in three different ways, simply because they all had a different personality / approach. Awesome.

Spoiler

SerPounceaLot
12.24.2012 , 03:21 PM | #28
I've started a few classes and hope to do them all but have got furthest with Imperial Agent. I was interested in playing a non Sith servant of the empire, the story doesn't have the usual sense of being above the law you get as a force user or a freelance smuggler or bounty hunter. Instead you feel you're trying to keep ahead of ruthless masters who might kill you for any failure. The story grows from there, there are classic betrayals and double crosses like any good spy story. The way I play it, light side, my agent is slowly beginning to doubt she's on the right side at all, so I'm making more and more rogue decisions and this feels like its led to events in the story entirely of my own making. Classic Bioware.

Path-x
12.25.2012 , 08:35 PM | #29
Imperial class stories >> republic class stories
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Danylia
12.26.2012 , 05:16 AM | #30
I probably did a mistake when I've played the Imperial Agent story first. When I finished it, I was so captivated with the story that I didn't want to play any other class; instead, I created and leveled a second Agent.

It wasn't until a week or two ago when I finally decided to try something else, and a major part of the decision was the HK component requirement. Tried Trooper as first - gave up right after Ord Mantell. Besides getting tired of "It's my duty to serve the Republic" really quick, the story could be summed up as
Spoiler

Then I started a Smuggler. The story is definitely funny, but again, nowhere near captivating as the IA one, and it can be also summed up as
Spoiler

While I realize it's just the prologue, when I compare it with the IA's prologue on Hutta ... no, that can't be done.

TL;DR. Imperial Agent story is fantastic and risks to spoil your enjoyment of the other stories.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.