Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Classes - which one has the best story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Classes - which one has the best story?

03.28.2012 , 07:54 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
I played SI and want to create one alt on the republic side before my gametime card runs out , which class has the best story? Most Star Wars "old trilogy" feeling?
Agent, hands down the best story so far for me. Gets a little standard after the second chapter but before that its awesome. I would say the JK has the most "old trilogy" feeling to it though I havent played it all the way through, mostly going by what ive heard about it. Smuggler story is probably the best one overall on Republic.

Id go for Smuggler Gunslinger if I were in your position. Try something other than a lightsaber.

03.28.2012 , 07:58 AM | #12
The Sith Warrior. As long as you go darkside, its very entertaining. It's almost like playing Darth Vader between the events of episodes 3 and 4. The 1-10 experience feels action packed but then it slows down until the end of Alderaan, and then it picks up real fast and never slows down.
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

03.28.2012 , 08:05 AM | #13
Personal opinion inside.

On Republic side : Smuggler > JK > Trooper > story in a soap commercial >>> JC.

I've just started my Imperial side characters so I cannot comment on their story, but the preludes (up to and including Dromund Kaas) are intriguing and compelling for both IA and SW, and the other two, even if they are more stereotypical, still start well enough.

03.28.2012 , 08:07 AM | #14
From a Republic point of view, easily the Smuggler and Jedi Knight stories.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

03.28.2012 , 08:15 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Dorianna View Post
I found the JC story kinda repeating and you get the feel like, "oh look! I get to do the same thing again on this planet." In saying that, I have not got to 50 yet on it. Maybe it gets better.
It doesnt. Well, the storyline in the final planet has a decent, yet somewhat predictable, "twist" but aside from that its just the same damned thing. The ending is nice though, that is, if you dont trigger the bug where all your companions show up naked ... ruining the whole thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Silversable View Post
On Republic side : Smuggler > JK > Trooper > story in a soap commercial >>> JC.
Pretty much...

03.28.2012 , 08:34 AM | #16
Without a doubt the Sith warrior has the best class story.

03.28.2012 , 08:36 AM | #17
SI - It was the best story I've played so far.
JC - The worst story, and boring, but there are really good moments.

BH - In progress, level 20, I love it.
IA - In progress, Level 16, pretty good.

I've also played the trooper for a bit, it's pretty good as well. Smuggler seems fun as well.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. ľ Thomas Jefferson

03.28.2012 , 08:39 AM | #18
I have finished the Sith Warrior story and I am currently at the beginning of Chapter 3 of the Jedi Knight story and out of those 2, I have to say that the JK is better in my opinion.

Both stories were well written but JK is better.
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
oh great more constructive criticism.. god knows why some people think there are haters on this forum

03.28.2012 , 11:24 AM | #19
IA so far has more twists and turns than an entire season of Mission: Impossible from back before Tom Cruise ruined it with the movies.

Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

03.28.2012 , 12:16 PM | #20
IMO, out of the classes I've leveled, and am leveling, JC is probably the worst storyline. Chapter One was good, but after that it lost it's luster for me, and midway through Voss, you knew how it was going to end.

Loved the Trooper storyline.

Am loving the JK storyline. Never rolled a smuggler because I just can't handle doing the same planets a 4th time at this time. It's hard for me to do it the third time around.