Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Classes - which one has the best story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Classes - which one has the best story?

Lord_Ravenhurst
03.28.2012 , 07:21 AM | #1
I played SI and want to create one alt on the republic side before my gametime card runs out , which class has the best story? Most Star Wars "old trilogy" feeling?

VicSkimmr
03.28.2012 , 07:31 AM | #2
The Imperial Agent story was awesome all the way through. I've heard the Smuggler is really good on the Republic side.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

sjmc
03.28.2012 , 07:33 AM | #3
Trooper and Smuggler are both pretty good. Haven't tried the others, though.

Yasac
03.28.2012 , 07:35 AM | #4
JK felt most in line with the movie themes. You're the best jedi! Oh planet gone! Oh here's a droid, a clever ladies man, a ghost mentor and a wise cracking girl. Oh gota stop the emperor only you can save us!
I might sound condecending but I still enjoyed it very much.
My personal favorate story lines so far is BH and SW I havn't finished them but I'm really excited to do so.
Once you start down the WoW path forever will it dominate your destiny!

Azure_Prower
03.28.2012 , 07:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
I played SI and want to create one alt on the republic side before my gametime card runs out , which class has the best story? Most Star Wars "old trilogy" feeling?
Definitely the Jedi Knight story.
"My enemies are those whom I make. Not those who others say they are.
Some consider me a dark Jedi whilst to others a mercenary.
Yet I am no slave to a code nor to an ideal. My will is forever free."

- Azure Prower, executive of the Ebon Fox corporation.

ferroz
03.28.2012 , 07:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Azure_Prower View Post
Definitely the Jedi Knight story.
Eh you have to enjoy the "omg the planet is asploding" cliche though.

rhirne
03.28.2012 , 07:40 AM | #7
I will say this... If you are looking for lore and history, go with a Consular. With that said... You will either love the story or completely hate it. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for as far as the "old trilogy feeling" goes. Are you looking for a story that resembles Episodes IV - VI, or something similar to KOTOR, or Episodes I - III? What kind of story are you looking for.
On Tatooine, and in Balmorra's night
No Sith shall escape my sight
To those who follow the Dark Side's plight
Beware the power - A JEDI'S LIGHT

Dorianna
03.28.2012 , 07:44 AM | #8
I found the JC story kinda repeating and you get the feel like, "oh look! I get to do the same thing again on this planet." In saying that, I have not got to 50 yet on it. Maybe it gets better. The trooper story I thought was really good.

jarshr
03.28.2012 , 07:45 AM | #9
I have done all the Empire stories except for bounty hunter, which apparently is bad after chp 1 but picks up at end of 3.....BUT.. for Republic......

Jedi Knight, hands down go this!

if u want old school Star Wars feeling then go the knight, I got consular to chp 2 and gave up, it wasn't bad but it was just missing that epic factor, i heard chp 3 has moments but overall is lacklustre....Trooper....is terrible after chp 1 rly generic and not much of an overall story, just loose missions, fun but still kinda meh....smuggler is a lot of fun, the dialogue feels like it was written for a younger generation of star wars fans (not kids, more like young adults- so i loved it) but the smugg losses its focus in chp 2 but i rather enjoyed 3...

But...again....Jedi knight is just plain EPIC! its Kotor 3!....I;m a die hard dark side sith fan, but i went dark side jedi knight, so i got the hero story while playing a sort of rogue/dark jedi...lots of fun! plus some of the cut-scenes in it are just down right amazing, i don't want to ruin the story but if u want a good guy star wars story that gives u breathing room to be good or bad, roll this....some of moments are classic, and the companions i actually cared about...also npc in the story i rly liked, when they die u care ect, just hands down Bioware rly chose their fav for the story here. some moment truly blew me away and compared to Sith Warrior which was my fav, it has nothing on JK ....some dont like 1-15...but after the Republic capital its all great stuff!

Roechacca
03.28.2012 , 07:46 AM | #10
smuggler story is all cybz. If ya like cybz, it's the class to play.

http://youtu.be/CMYf-zHZUQU