Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Unlocks - Social Emotes

Darth-Rion
03.27.2012 , 09:37 PM | #1
"So we went through the entire game and we found every great piece we had and then made some new ones" - Daniel Erickson
(Reference - http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...-legacy-system 2:00)

Companion Dance: Requires Social II to unlock or purchase it for x credits (requires legacy level 3). Allows you and your companion to dance together.

Tech emotes: Requires Social IV to unlock or purchase it for x credits (requires legacy level 8). Unlock the use of /datapad, /holocom, and /map emotes

Tool emotes: Requires Social VI to unlock or purchase it for 100k credits (requires legacy 12). Unlock the use of /scanned, /scangreen, /binoculars, and /weld emotes.

Double Lasers Emote: Requires Social X to unlock or purchase it for 150 k credits (requires legacy level 15). Unlock the use of /doublelasers emote.
(link: http://mmo-mechanics.com/news.php?ar...stem-preview#4)

So, the point of this thread?
First off, thank you Daniel for thinking of the roleplayers *highfive*, however I point to the above mentioned quote of 'every great piece'. I would be hesitant to say that when 'every great piece' comes down to a whopping total of Eight (8) emotes (and no, I am not counting two different colour scanners as separate).

Now, while the emotes up there are brilliant and honestly some of the ones I have been wanting since seeing the NPC's with them (really hoping either the /map or /datapad emotes are similar to what you gave Chiss as a racial, because to be perfectly honest, as a racial... it's very poor and very unfair for non-chiss).

Furthermore, I'm rather sad to see there's no... how could I put it?
*places finger to ear and starts talking*
Yes I know Troopers and Agents have this as some of their actual abilities... but restricting that type of action to abilities is again, unfair.

Lastly, and I really hope you are doing this, the emotes that we have in game so far need actions. Yes SOME of them do.
/sleep
/crossarms
However, do not. And it's things like these that we want to see. Also, a better /sit or some varied seating emotes would be great.

As I said! I am thrilled that you are looking into helping Roleplayers, but please... 8 emotes is a bit lacking for 'every great piece', especially when as said,
1. They are restricted to one specific race
2. They are restricted to certain class abilities
3. They just don't have actions.

I do hope others feel the same, or can maybe add their own wishes to this, and that someone somewhere at Bioware perhaps stumbles across this.

Darth-Rion
03.28.2012 , 04:27 AM | #2
Bump for emote justice!

Trols
03.28.2012 , 05:08 AM | #3
Absolutely agree.

Lets be fair and say that there are probably more important things for the designers to do (as a twi'lek players, I'd mention lekku-clipping issues with several weapons, not to mention various headgear and lack of hoods... ahem. Thats off topic) but we could certainly use more emotes, or rather, have more of the ones we currently have do actions.

Some, like /ponder, could do with a rewrite so it didnt loop, but stopped at the "climax" and stayed there.
Same goes for /salute which would be nice to use as an "at attention" emote.

As for new ones, /leanagainstwall (left/right/back) for the casual character would be downright epic.

While seemingly hard to implement because it actually require a wall or bar or table, all it takes is for the character to do the action, and then players will soon learn how to place their character appropriately. (We learned how to place a campfire by taking two steps back, turning so that the wanted location of the campfire was at 10 o'clock and then clicking the ability, in the game we shall not mention. Trust us, we can handle it)

And, for the less casual characters, there is the /atease emote where a player would stand at ease, hand folded behind hid back.

Thats just a few of those I -really miss- emotes that are already in the game, in one form or another.

And what the OP said.

Lastly, thanks you designers for thinking about your most loyal playerbase, the roleplayers. Keep it up and you'll become the RP haven we have been looking for.
Quartermaster Vazon:
Quartermaster of the Iron Hand
Siolo Odán:
M.D. and soon to be owner of Nar Shaddaa Free Clinic

BravilRennd
03.28.2012 , 07:59 AM | #4
More people need to /sign this xD
Begeren Colony

Please think to yourself before you post: "What's the bottom line?"
STOP using these words; QUESTS, DUNGEONS, REALM.

RepublicChicken
03.28.2012 , 08:22 AM | #5
Then /signed it shall be.

Darth-Rion
03.30.2012 , 05:36 AM | #6
*cough*bump*cough*

BenjaminminU
03.30.2012 , 05:42 AM | #7
/signed

although i am glad that i can unlock companion dance the second legacy goes live
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Rei_Lynn
04.13.2012 , 10:58 PM | #8
/Signed

Fund it...

EvilZeRo
04.13.2012 , 11:19 PM | #9
/signed

but comeon /doublelasers and dancing with ya companion is epic
-=/After time adrift among open stars,along tides of light and through shoals of dust, I will return to where I began\=-

Scarrleth
03.13.2013 , 01:57 AM | #10
/signed.

I totally agree with everything said, it would be so awesome to see more emotes added that we could use to further immersion, especially important for roleplayers.

To be able to sit on chairs [other than the ones in your ship], to cross arms, actually have a glass or something in your hand when you use /drink rather than chugging down air, same thing with /eat, all would go a long way & make a huge difference with roleplayers!

As this isn't really game-breaking & doesn't really matter much to alot of gamers, it falls to all you roleplayers out there who care about this stuff to keep this thread alive in hopes of getting more emotes implemented. Cheers for starting it!