Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Mandalore the Indomitable] Can't log into server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
[Mandalore the Indomitable] Can't log into server

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Adamhalo
03.27.2012 , 10:46 PM | #41
i am on mandalore also, i get to choose my toon, and then the cog just goes in circles forevvvvvvvver.. I tried to log into another toon and i get an error saying that the original toon i was on is still logged in and needs to be logged out before i can log into another toon... gfg bioware.
** Repulicans, the new white meat **

StephenReid
03.27.2012 , 10:47 PM | #42
Hey all. The previous thread has been closed, and we'll continue to issue updates as we have them here.

The Live Services team has been investigating issues on Mandalore the Indomitable (Let's just use the acronym MtI for ease of typing!). We're making progress. While most of you reading this will not be in-game, if you do try to login to MtI, you may have intermittent connection issues as the server team do their work.

If we have to take down the entire server for any length of time I'll let you know here. We're sorry for the inconvenience and we'll resolve things ASAP.

Raggnos
03.27.2012 , 10:48 PM | #43
shameless bump for our cause

Seraun
03.27.2012 , 10:52 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by ChadKanobi View Post
ya they should merge our threads, also they should freaking fix our game/server...that we pay for.

ChadKanobi -- While I totally understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to play the game that you spend money on to play, you need to understand that making comments like that is only going to a) make you angry b) feed the trolls. Both that do absolutely no good.

Take it from someone who works in the world of servers and making sure they are up and running as much as possible. When there are issues like this they have to confirm that it isn't an isolated issue (they have done that with these forum posts). Next they have to see if there are any common issues between the incidents (isp, region, etc...). Then they have to pull up the server logs and comb through the lines and lines of logs, in case you don't know the server has to log every action that every person does, and locate the people who are having issues and correlate that with what is going on. Then they have to try to figure out what is causing the issue based on the logs and try to implement a fix.

This isn't to flame you it is to give you and everyone else who might read this an better understanding of what happens when there are server issues.

ChadKanobi
03.27.2012 , 10:53 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Raggnos View Post
shameless bump for our cause
^ Bump

ChadKanobi
03.27.2012 , 10:55 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Seraun View Post
ChadKanobi -- While I totally understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to play the game that you spend money on to play, you need to understand that making comments like that is only going to a) make you angry b) feed the trolls. Both that do absolutely no good.

Take it from someone who works in the world of servers and making sure they are up and running as much as possible. When there are issues like this they have to confirm that it isn't an isolated issue (they have done that with these forum posts). Next they have to see if there are any common issues between the incidents (isp, region, etc...). Then they have to pull up the server logs and comb through the lines and lines of logs, in case you don't know the server has to log every action that every person does, and locate the people who are having issues and correlate that with what is going on. Then they have to try to figure out what is causing the issue based on the logs and try to implement a fix.

This isn't to flame you it is to give you and everyone else who might read this an better understanding of what happens when there are server issues.
Calmly replying, with Stephen's quick response my frustration has subsided, usually sadly with Bioware on other issues, the squeeky wheel gets the noise rather than the patient...with that being said, thanks for your mature concern, I am no troll, but simply a fan of this game and want to push excellence for it...by all means =)

Seraun
03.27.2012 , 10:59 PM | #47
On a side note I was finally able to log in.

HanSidewalker
03.27.2012 , 11:03 PM | #48
but i will continually wait till it's back up or play one of my other toons till it does work .... and to the trolls and wanna be trolls ... plz grow up !!!

StephenReid
03.27.2012 , 11:07 PM | #49
Our server team believes they have resolved the issues, but we'd appreciate it if anyone attempting to login completely exits their SWTOR client and then tries to login once more.

If you continue to have login issues, please post in this thread or contact Customer Service.

HuntinSikness
03.28.2012 , 06:22 AM | #50
Thanks Stephen.
Guac <Republic's Elite> [Mandalore the Indomitable].