Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happened to Revan?

JediMasterYuvan
03.27.2012 , 06:53 PM | #1
I defeated Revan at the Foundry, but I didn't think his death would've ended the Cold War (SWTOR). Revan was determined to defeat the Sith Empire, and he's delved deeper into the Force in the Old Republic than any other Jedi or Sith (except the Sith Emperor). And besides, before killing blow, he jumped in the Foundry and disappeared. I don't think he's dead. Or is he?

Bioware and LucasArts, will there be more of Revan? I would hate to hear that our Old Republic era hero Revan is dead. He's too awesome to die.

Darth_Haderach
03.27.2012 , 07:09 PM | #2
A good writer is brave enough to kill his heroes. Prolonging their life and repeatedly returning them from death diminishes their iconic status. What happened to Revan is that he is now one with the Force. He already had quite the journey and left his mark on the galaxy.
ALSO, WHERE IS THERON?

Wolfninjajedi
03.27.2012 , 07:18 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Haderach View Post
A good writer is brave enough to kill his heroes. Prolonging their life and repeatedly returning them from death diminishes their iconic status. What happened to Revan is that he is now one with the Force. He already had quite the journey and left his mark on the galaxy.
^This I can agree with, its been 300 years since his time he doesn't have a place in this era.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Captain_Zone
03.27.2012 , 07:29 PM | #4
I seriously doubt that he's dead. It's a good rule of thumb that any ambiguous "death" means that he didn't die. It's like in the comics. If you don't see the severed head, he's still alive. If you DO see the severed head, chances are it was a clone and he's still alive. Well, that last one doesn't really fit into Star Wars very often, but you get the idea. lol
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Wolfninjajedi
03.27.2012 , 07:43 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I seriously doubt that he's dead. It's a good rule of thumb that any ambiguous "death" means that he didn't die. It's like in the comics. If you don't see the severed head, he's still alive. If you DO see the severed head, chances are it was a clone and he's still alive. Well, that last one doesn't really fit into Star Wars very often, but you get the idea. lol
So Jango could still be alive?

Captain_Zone
03.27.2012 , 07:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
So Jango could still be alive?
He is. How many clones did he have?
. OPOD

ToEasy
03.27.2012 , 07:54 PM | #7
But, isn't there a republic flashpoint where you save revan from a prison?
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Captain_Zone
03.27.2012 , 07:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ToEasy View Post
But, isn't there a republic flashpoint where you save revan from a prison?
That takes place before the Foundry, chronologically.
. OPOD

ToEasy
03.27.2012 , 07:58 PM | #9
That takes place before the Foundry, chronologically.
Oh, didn't know that.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Wolfninjajedi
03.27.2012 , 08:05 PM | #10
He is. How many clones did he have?
I see what you did there.