Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poor FPS (PVP)

Quenthe
03.27.2012 , 05:30 PM | #1
Game works OK but when I join PVP matches it's not good at all. Can you help me out with that?

Acklar
03.27.2012 , 05:55 PM | #2
Yeah im having the same issues

Spoiler

Quenthe
03.27.2012 , 06:02 PM | #3
I am afraid posting your PC spec won't help. The engine is poorly optimized. I can run new games for example Skyrim with everything high but when it comes to TOR it's a fail. The game doesn't even look good plus it's an MMO so it supposed to run smooth on rather standard/weak PC's so everybody can enjoy it. I really regret I bought TOR

Acklar
03.27.2012 , 06:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Quenthe View Post
I am afraid posting your PC spec won't help. The engine is poorly optimized. I can run new games for example Skyrim with everything high but when it comes to TOR it's a fail. The game doesn't even look good plus it's an MMO so it supposed to run smooth on rather standard/weak PC's so everybody can enjoy it. I really regret I bought TOR
Yah I feel like they will alienate there customers by putting a client that will only run on top end machines.... Funny thing is this started couple of weeks ago was able to play warzones prior to this on high settings no lag. Wonder what they did?

Acklar
03.28.2012 , 04:42 AM | #5
anybody from CS wanna look at my dxdiag?

SithKillsRebels
03.28.2012 , 05:52 AM | #6
Ok ,I dont understand why some people can run pvp with no issue. I just replaced my old duo core e7300 2.66 with a quad 2.3 9600 and cant explain why the pvp and loading screens issue ,took my pc to a place for a free tune up they said my comp is at 100%

I'm gonna buy a comp somewere with a return policy and see if a i5 or i7 with a gameing setup will solve this ....Of couse Ill keep the computer if thats the deal.

Quenthe
03.28.2012 , 06:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKillsRebels View Post
Ok ,I dont understand why some people can run pvp with no issue. I just replaced my old duo core e7300 2.66 with a quad 2.3 9600 and cant explain why the pvp and loading screens issue ,took my pc to a place for a free tune up they said my comp is at 100%

I'm gonna buy a comp somewere with a return policy and see if a i5 or i7 with a gameing setup will solve this ....Of couse Ill keep the computer if thats the deal.
Well the PC is fine it's TOR that fails.

Rikeryo
03.28.2012 , 06:17 AM | #8
the CSRs won't be able to help you.

this game has some major performance flaws, especially particle effects.
they are stored in the "swtor_main_art_fx_1.tor" file in the "assets" folder of your game installation.

try to temporary renaming the file, start the game and play a warzone. all particle effects are contained in this file and will be removed. enjoy a great framerate boost and stutter-free gameplay. restore the original file name to reenable particle effects and enjoy low framerates again.

unless bioware is finally able to fix the this very file (which seems to contain tons of important files, highly compressed - the game accesses it a lot - maybe too often which causes problems) - and other performance drains - we all have to suffer.

tl;dr:

bad performance in warzones is a result of amateur coding from bioware.
the problems are known since the initial start of the game back in december. yet bioware is denying the problem.

if you have a great rig that is way above recommended system requirements you may be able to compensate those engine flaws.
5% club member

Acklar
03.28.2012 , 03:19 PM | #9
Definetly would like some feed back are there any plans from bioware to address this I see nothing in patch about this?

Quenthe
03.28.2012 , 05:50 PM | #10
So far so called Customer Support is silent about this. Such famous, rich video game company with AAA titles yet they can't even code the game right.